An error occurred while creating the incoming email in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for the mailbox

Question Status

Verified
Piotr Kalwasinski asked a question on 22 Jan 2016 11:28 AM

Hi folks,

I have a problem similar to other posts with the same title, but I have different set of dependencies, hence new post...

We have CRM 2016 online instance where we set the queue with email box enabled and tested. The behaviour for the incoming emails is set to "Server-side sync". Once all has been set, I have tested the email from my personal account and noticed the email has been created in CRM just fine. At this point I assumed everything works fine.

Later I noticed the other emails has not been created in CRM and queue record has an alert logged against it for every unsuccessfully email sync operation. While troubleshooting I got to the point of isolating the unsuccessful cases of email creation to the following dependency:

- if the email would come from the email address associated with existing Contact record in CRM, email record in CRM has been created

- if the email would come from the email address not present in CRM (after deleting email from the contact record), operation ends up with failure and alert is logged against the queue record

Could you please advise.

Thanks,

Piotr

Verified Answer
Kashif Zeeshan responded on 25 Jan 2016 12:53 PM

Hi,

Open queue settings and there should a drop down “Convert Incoming Email to Acitivites” under Email Settings section.

Select “All email messages” option from that dropdown. Looks like you have currently got “Email messages from CRM Leads, Contacts and Accounts”

I hope this helps.

Verified Answer
Kashif Zeeshan responded on 25 Jan 2016 12:53 PM

Hi,

Open queue settings and there should a drop down “Convert Incoming Email to Acitivites” under Email Settings section.

Select “All email messages” option from that dropdown. Looks like you have currently got “Email messages from CRM Leads, Contacts and Accounts”

I hope this helps.