Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 release wave 1 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 Timeline
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I, and another user and my company, are receiving an error message when attempting to link specific types of Outlook records to CRM using the CRM Add-in for Outlook. The error message only appears when using the "Track" or "Set Regarding"/"Set Parent" function from a view of records. Here is the specific error message:
At no point does the record appear to be linked to CRM. Also, if we open a specific record, try to use one of these functions, and save, nothing appears to happen. There is no error message, the CRM footer does not appear at the bottom of the record, and the CRM-related buttons in the ribbon do not change.
A few things worth nothing:
Things we've tried without any success:
Here are the 2 trace files created by taking the following steps:
The only reference I can find to the error online suggests that the issues has something to do with user-defined fields. I, and the other user, have not purposely added any user-defined fields. However, I'm not sure if the user-defined fields that CRM uses would be useful. Just in case, here's a comparison of fields for a successfully linked contacts (that was created via Outlook filters), and the fields for a contact after it's produced the error.
User Defined Fields in this item:
User Defined Fields in folder:
I'm anyone can provide guidance as to how to remedy this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Following post will resolve this issue:
if my answer has helped you, please mark it as verified
That was the first article I looked at when trying to solve this issue. The solution proposed in the article does not seems to apply in my case. As I said in my original post:
"The only reference I can find to the error online suggests that the issues has something to do with user-defined fields. I, and the other user, have not purposely added any user-defined fields. "
I also included all the user defined fields for both a linked contact, and an Outlook contact that produces the error.
This usually occurs if there is any Custom Field from User Defined field in Developer Tab. That needs to be removed.
Navigate to contacts -->View --> View Settings --->Columns -->All Contact field check if any Custom field is added also check in the user defined field.
Try to remove any custom field and try tracking the contact.
Business Applications communities