Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | View virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
To import the data back into CRM I do the following procedure:
It seems like it has to the with the 'Modified On' column heading but the data seems correct. I never updated the data online after exporting
Could it be maybe because I am not connected to the server and thus causing syncing problems?
You should never make a change to the first three columns (A,B,C) starting with do not modify.
it seems like when you're opening the excel, it's making change to your modify date format or value.
Please try on another system and see if it's still the case.
The first three columns are always hidden and were never modified.
I tried the same procedure on a different computer but the same problem was encountered.
Interestingly, I tried importing data of a different batch of items. This time only one record was successful but this record wasn't updated; only the first record was.
I observed the first 3 'do not modify' columns of this record and nothing seemed to different from the rest:
Also noted that the Modified on column is correct; showing the correct date and time when the records were last updated.
I have finally found a solution!
Apparently when importing the file, amending and then saving as a different file type alters the spreadsheet's parameters.
I hence used Internet Explorer since when importing the file, the system asks the user to save as a different format. I added .xlsx at the end to save it as the required format. I amended the file and imported it back to CRM..It worked!! Only the records that were amended were updated!
Business Applications communities