Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
The message "An unexpected error occurred" is all of a sudden being displayed in the Timeline Control for the current Microsoft 365 CRM after a note is added or a file is attached.
Yesterday, this issue was not happening but today it is.
Has anybody else experienced this, and if so, is there a fix?
Same issue here on Ipads
This issue has been happening in ours also, and only for Unified client interface only. The following error occurs:
Same issue on desktop and iPhone using the unified client, but it works usingthe old interface on the desktop.
I have escalated this issue through our Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider Premier Support program and have just been advised that this issue has in fact been reported by multiple customers and that the Product team is currently working on it through a high priority bridge involving multiple teams.
Microsoft will be keeping me posted and as soon as it is resolved, I will follow up via this post.
Good stuff, Basil
It has been identified as an known issue from Microsoft and the code fix would be released soon.
You could check more info from Admin Center> Health > Service Health > Dynamics 365 Advisory as following snapshot:
Note:MS has created and validated a script that can be applied to resolve this issue. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact support to receive this script.
Or you could temporarily use the classic web interface as workaround(turn off UCI Only). Thanks.
One of our customers, who is on Unified Interface, reported the same issue this morning. It is happening on all the instances (Dev, UAT, and Prod).
The error seems to appearing after the import of msdynce_ActivitiesPatch over the weekend.
It is impacting our customer's daily operations to some extent as they add a lot of notes to the records. Hope Microsoft deploys the fix soon.
The following is the latest from the Service health page.
I'm sure you all know by now, but this issue has now been resolved by Microsoft.
Thanks Basil for the update.
We have tested on all environments, this is fixed however, users were still getting the error and had to clear the browser cache to get this work.
And by the way, the following is the latest from the Microsoft on this, if anyone still getting the same error, they may have to raise a ticket with Microsoft.
Yes, my apologies. I forgot to mention that clearing the cache is one of the steps required.
Note however that since the fix has been applied, I have had instance where the unexpected error message momentarily is displayed and then the Timeline Notes content is displayed.
Another thing I have noticed since the fix is that sometimes the Timeline control gets stuck displaying "Refreshing Filter" and only an F5 or pressing Refresh from the top menu clears the "Refreshing Filter" and returns to displaying the Timeline content. Note that in one instance of this issue, the Timeline control had been configured not to display the Filtering section by default.
What we have now is better than when it was broken but I guess there are some remaining issues to be cleaned up.
You have that clearing the cache is one of the steps required. - What are the other steps please?
We still are getting the error even after clearing the cache.
The clearing of the cache was all that I needed to do even though the "unexpected error" message has at times momentarily display itself and then gone away.
I feel that the fix may not be 100% reliability but it is better than when it wasn't working at all. Perhaps Microsoft are seeing the intermittent behaviour and are applying more fixes as needed.
If the problem is still there for you, I would strongly recommend that you submit a support request with Microsoft who will always respond and do their best to action things in a timely manner.
I'm still facing the issue after clearing the cache too. On some records the issue is not present. I was able to replicate the issue on those records as well by adding a note attachment without a subject or description.
I think the .tostring() method in the time line controller that errors out might be looking at the null subject or description fields.
Business Applications communities