Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2021 Release Wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned April 2021 through September 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2021 Release Wave 1 Timeline
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
There are occured few questions while customizing my Power Apps Self-service portal. So, I wonder:
1. Is there some customization to make subgrids on portal web page editable (I`ve already configure it in Dynamics CRM 365, v.9.1 for Salesorderdetails (Order products) entity records and, as I think, set all helpful related metadata options for this subgrid on the Salesorder (Order) entity form record), but it doesn`t work. I didn`t find some more information in MS Docs about metadata configurations for subgrids, so I have doubts about possibility to configure it that way. So, editable grids. Is it impossible to make them for my portal or am I doing something wrong? I`ll attach screenshots beneath.
2. I want to assosiate certain Order products related record (new or existing) to new Order record, which I creating just right now. So for this goals I desided to add subgrid metadata configurations to my Order entity form record in Insert mode to show the subgrid when creating a record and enable two standart View actions: "Create" and "Assosiate" for apropriate subgrid, also I`ve made the same customizations for the same entityform in Edit mode, but such settings works only for web-page with entityform in Insert mode. I guess, that`s because system doesn`t know with what certain Salesorder record should be assosiated new or existing Order products record, if the Order record doesn`t exist for this moment for portal and CRM (cos we only start creating it). If I`ll chose to configure the Entity reference settings, I`ll assosiate the Order record with only one certain record, but I can`t assosiate it automatically with few Order products records which will be different for different Order records. So, if I`ve understand this part of article right, this configuration can`t meet my requirements, so I can`t achieve my goals. So, is there some other way to configure it or what am I doing wrong in this case? If I`ll configurate creating of a new Order record with web form, not with entity form, on my portal - will I solve this issue?I`ll attach few screenshots beneath.
3. I need to display an entity image on my portal entity form for Product records. Can I configure this and how? Can`t find out how should I do this.
Thanks for answers! I will be appreciate for any feedback.
1 - editable grids --> this is planned in Microsoft roadmap, although we have no visibility of when that feature would be available: powerusers.microsoft.com/.../222841
to go on a custom editable grid today, you would have to go on a very custom route
2 - not very clear to me what you are trying to achieve, can you maybe explain functionally speaking what you need?
3 - there are some old blog posts showing this, you need some liquid but should be simple enough to follow: saddamk.blogspot.com/.../display-image-of-product-in-dynamics.html
Thanks a lot for your answers!
1. Maybe I`ll get succeed with the way described here;
2. I`ll try to explain it other way. I have few entities used in my process, there are: Client, Price list, Price list item, Product, Order and Order Products. For them in my system I have relations such like on schema below:
On my portal the process starts with forming Order. If I`ll try to create an order in CRM, it won`t become a trouble for me, because even when i only starts creating the record I would see grid for Order products possible records, but it would be empty. This is the first, less issue, because on my portal web page when I set metadata form for order products grid on entity list (shown on my web page) in "Insert" mode it is not visible and I can`t create related Order product record, until I sent the data about my Order record in CRM DB. But this question I`ve handled by using redirect to the same form for created record in "Edit" mode after successfully sending data. But I discovered other, bigger issue after. I need to implemet prefill some data in my Order record at the moment when I press "Create" button from Orders entity list on my portal. This is standart View Action button, which i can enable in additional settings in my entity list like shown here:
So that will be displayed on my portal such way:
If I try to create an Order record in CRM and will fill "Client" lookup field, it would allows me to prefill some data I need to (like Price, Currency, etc.) by made mapping settings in appropriate relation fields and relations in CRM solution. But how can I implement similar functional for my portal? I need to prefill some data before the record creating on my portal will be sent to CRM DB. Maybe you know, can I do it at all and is there a way to do it without using jQuery, Liquid and some .NET services? Could I maybe somehow match this button onclick action and Power Automate Flow with trigger type "When a HTTP request is received"? Or can I do it with some other standart portal`s / Power Automate / Power Apps settings?I`ve came to the issue for such two entities: Orders (need to prefill contact, price, shipping method, transaction currecy) and Order products (need to prefill existing product, unit and price per unit);
3. It helps me and now I can display product entity image on my portal. Thanks again!
For Order products I create related with Order record by metadata grid Action view button, but I can set it to create by Action button "Create related record" on the entity form for my Orders web-page.
Sry, readyxrm.blog/.../ here wrote not about grids, but about some list of record
Solve all my issues with jQuery and Flows. Questions closed. Thanks!
Business Applications communities