Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Barcode font in SSRS issue when printing but not when running the report

Posted on by 1,871
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this or might know the fix. Currently whenever we run a report that has a textbox with a barcode font style it will display correctly whenever we run the report within AX. This tells me it finds the barcode font. However whenever we try to print preview or print the report it displays as the default arial font like it did not find the font. Why would it display correctly when we run the report but not when we print it? We are running the following 1. AX 2012 R2 We have installed our barcode font on the following servers and restarted them after the install. 1. SQL Server (SSRS Server) 2. AOS 3. Client Also please do not suggest generating an image instead of displaying a font correctly as this is not a valid solution to our problem. Thanks
  • adam260 Profile Picture
    adam260 1,871 on at
    RE: Barcode font in SSRS issue when printing but not when running the report

The key is to install the font via control panel>fonts rather than C:\windows\fonts. You will need to reboot the server as well not just the service. I rebooted both the aos + ssrs/sql server.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Adam,

I'm having the same issue. How did you install the barcode fonts on the SSRS server? What installer did you use?

Thanks,

Torben

adam260 1,871 on at

I'm not too sure what fixed the issue but midweek it just started working. I'm thinking it may have had to deal with some other server reboots we did as well.

adam260 1,871 on at

I've been stuck in meetings all week. I'm hoping to tackle this some time next week. Ill keep this thread informed.

• ParkerPeng Profile Picture
    ParkerPeng on at

Do you solve the problem?

• ParkerPeng Profile Picture
    ParkerPeng on at

You can try to put the barcode textbox into a rectangle control. You need to consider the barcode was covered by others.

Parker

adam260 1,871 on at

Currently the report does not have any hyperlinks. And the barcode works whenever we view the report its just whenever we try to print it that it does not.

• Suggested answer
    rudra Profile Picture
    rudra 6,534 on at

In your report do you have any hyperlink to any field, if any try to remove the hyperlink and check it out.

I hope you come across this below link:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../barcode.aspx

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,462 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,366 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates