Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Record new Expected Receipt Date in PO lines and keep a record of the original date

Posted on by 53
Hi,

In the Purchase order lines on a PO we want to record the following...
  1. The order date
  2. The anticipated delivery date - that's my terminology not BC terminology (we currently use the BC field "expected Receipt Date")
  3. If the anticipated delivery date passes (without receiving the Item or GL line), then we want to allow the user to enter a new anticipated delivery date, without loosing a record of the original date.

I am not sure which date field/s to use to achieve this (Order Date, Promised Receipt Date, Planned Receipt Date, Expected Receipt Date, Requested Receipt Date)
Note we always want to forward calculate the date/s

At present...
We have Vendors setup with a "Lead Time Calculation" and a "Base Calendar" (some also have a “Customised Calendar”)
We don't use "Safety Lead Time" or "Inbound Warehouse Handling Time" and therefore "Planned Receipt Date" and "Expected Receipt Date" are the same date.

To achieve point 3 above, I tried overtyping the automatically populated "Expected Receipt Date" but BC is then backward calculating the "Planned Receipt Date" along with the (purchase order line) "Order Date" I don't want this to happen (or maybe I need to use other date fields to achieve the same result???)

In short I don't want to lose a record of the original Order Date or the original anticipated delivery date (point 2 above)

Is there a way to achieve this???

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 64,134 Super User on at
    Record new Expected Receipt Date in PO lines and keep a record of the original date
    Hi, if each line is the same, you can set Comments on the header level.

Thanks.
    ZHU
  • Mike123 Profile Picture
    Mike123 53 on at

I did look at comments but I could only add a comment to 1 PO line at a time. Is there a way to add a comment to more than one PO line in one go???
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 64,134 Super User on at
    It sounds like only customization can do that.
    Or could you consider using other features, such as Comments? This will keep the record.
    For exmaple,
    This can flow to other documents.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks.
    ZHU

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,989 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans