Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

File Not Found Error When Generating Report in Dynamics 365 Business Central

Posted on by 4

Hello everyone,

I am encountering a persistent issue while trying to generate reports in Dynamics 365 Business Central. Whenever I attempt to generate a report, I receive the following error message:

File C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\230\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$BC230\users\default\00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001\TEMP\__TEMP__0500c551f6b940efbb7fd93bbcbbc5c2.tmp was not found.

The error message from the Event Viewer indicates that Dynamics 365 Business Central (NAV) is unable to find a specific temporary file, resulting in a System.IO.FileNotFoundException. This suggests an issue with how Dynamics 365 is handling file creation for the report.

After navigating to the specified folder, I noticed that the file __TEMP__0500c551f6b940efbb7fd93bbcbbc5c2.tmp is indeed missing. Here are some additional details and steps I’ve already taken:

Permissions: Verified that the Network Service account has full control over the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\230\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$BC230\users\default\folder and its subdirectories.

Folder Structure: Ensured that the entire folder structure exists as specified in the error message.

Event Viewer Logs: The logs show a System.IO.FileNotFoundException related to the missing temporary file.

CustomSettings.config: I have not set up a TempFilePath in the CustomSettings.config file because it wasn't originally configured.

Manual File Creation: I attempted to manually create a temporary file with the specified name, but it seems like a new name is generated every time I try to preview the report. Therefore, manually creating the file is not a viable solution.

Moreover, I am facing an issue with uninstalling extensions through the Extension Management. The error message I receive is:

To uninstall extensions I have published, I have found the following workaround, which involves using the BC Administration Shell with the command:

Uninstall-NAVApp -ServerInstance X -Name Y -DoNotSaveData

Given these two scenarios, both of which are expected to work but produce errors, I suspect there may be something wrong with the installation on my PC. I didn't install Dynamics 365 Business Central myself, so I am not entirely sure how the installation was done or how I might try to fix it.

Thank you for your assistance!

Best Regards,

Nikol

Categories:
  • YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 64,134 Super User on at
    File Not Found Error When Generating Report in Dynamics 365 Business Central
    Hi, sorry I'm not sure, you can try repair installation.
    Or uninstall BC and reinstall it.

If you still have problems, you can submit a SR to the Microsoft support team and they will assist in investigating.

Thanks.
    ZHU

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,989 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans