Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Answered

How can we identify Plugins (and anything else) impersonating a given user?

Posted on by 35

One of our admins for CRM that has left the company and when we disabled his account, parts of the customizations in CRM crash. When we turn his account back on, everything starts working again. I'm trying to track down everything that could cause this, but I am not having any luck and I am running out of ideas.

It looks like this might have something to do with a plugin, but maybe not just a plugin. I did an advanced search for SDK Message Processing Steps and filter the impersonating User against his id, and I did find one thing. It seems to be an active real-time workflow but it has no name. Therefore, I can't pull it up and disable it and I can't find it in any other lists. The workflow is in fact related to the entity that crashes on update when we disable his account, so it seems likley that this could be related. But I have no idea how to go about approaching this. 

Any ideas? I'm wondering if I could jump into SQL and give it a name, then maybe it will show up and I can disable it. 

I'm not sure this plugin is the problem but it seems highly suspect. I think I just need to find everything he owns or that runs under his account (impresonating use) then either disable it or change it to run as the CRM system admin account.

I'm open to ideas here. I don't run into stuff like this often, so it is outside my experiance. Any suggestions, links, ideas, etc. are much appreciated. 

Best regards,

Jon

• Verified answer
    Bipin D365 Profile Picture
    Bipin D365 28,962 Moderator on at
    RE: How can we identify Plugins (and anything else) impersonating a given user?

Hi,

Navigate to settings - Processes - All process - filter Owner by your User Name in list view to get the workflow.

If you want to know the plugin steps where calling user is your user then as you mentioned you can use advanced find.

You can also write SQL query

Select * from sdkmessageprocessingsteps where callinguserid ='your user id'

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,628 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,914 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans