Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Can I convert a Customer to a Prospect in AX 2012 R3 CU9

Posted on by 20

We have customers that should have been set up as Prospects instead of Customers.  Is it possible to convert a customer back to a prospect record?

We are using AX 2012 R3 CU9

Thank you

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Danny Bilodeau Profile Picture
    Danny Bilodeau 4,058 Super User on at
    RE: Can I convert a Customer to a Prospect in AX 2012 R3 CU9

Hello Deborah,

You can create a prospect from a Customer, just as you can make that customer a Vendor.

When you first created the Customer, there was an entry made in the Global Address Book.  That Global Address Book is what is being queried when you create a new vendor to see if  the new customer Elvis Presley is the same as the existing employee Elvis Aaron Presley that we already have in the system.  If you go to the Global Address Book, you can locate the existing <Party> using the vendor name or adress and at the top you can create a new Vendor-Employee-Customer-Prospect for that party.  Here is a screen shot from D365 F&O but is is the same in AX2012R3. The options that are greyed out are already created, so here Alicia Anderson already has an employee record::

pastedimage1650539912723v1.png

When you do so, the name, adress and contact details that are on the Party ID will be copied to the new created record. SO in you case, you could create the prospect and then go an delete the vendor as was suggested earlier. 

Hope that answers your question,

Regards,

Danny

• Suggested answer

Hi Deborah,

No, out of the box is not possible to revert a customer to a prospect. What you can do is to delete the customer and create it as a prospect.

• RE: Can I convert a Customer to a Prospect in AX 2012 R3 CU9

Sorry, but what I am asking is this:  If I have a customer record, can I change it to a Prospect?

• Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Yes, whenever you sell any item to that prospect should be convert as customer

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,835 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,526 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans