Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Vendor Payment Journal...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Vendor Payment Journal - How to Validate if Bank Accounts Are Active/Available Before Submitting

Posted on by 14
Is there a way to validate bank accounts associated with vendor profiles are active before submitting a VendPay journal?

Has anyone done this confirmation via the workflow process?

Thank you for your help!
  • Suggested answer
    Frank Hamelly | MVP, MCP, CSA Profile Picture
    Frank Hamelly | MVP... 3,505 Super User on at
    Vendor Payment Journal - How to Validate if Bank Accounts Are Active/Available Before Submitting
    Hi Casey, I don't see any way to incorporate that validation in the workflow out of the box.  I'm wondering if you might want this validation earlier in the payment process - say in the payment proposal generation?  It would be fairly easy to code a solution at that point but relatively harder to do so as part of workflow configuration.
  • Casey.Lester Profile Picture
    Casey.Lester 14 on at
    @Andre Arnaud de Calavon - The validation and workflow does not check for valid bank accounts at this time though. That is the basis of my issue. Do you know of a way to construct the workflow to check for it? Or any other way in the system that would trigger a bank account validation?
  • Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,377 Super User on at
    Hi Casey,

Thanks for your clarification. 

The feature is older. In that case, it can be set as enabled by default and even taken out of feature management. The coding is available, so when submitting the vendor payment journal to the workflow, it should check for valid bank accounts. The setting is now controlled by a flight (Microsoft controlled), not a feature anymore.
  • Casey.Lester Profile Picture
    Casey.Lester 14 on at
    @Kevin Xia - I found the document discussing this feature, but I cannot find the feature in my system. Do you know the exact name of the feature or how to turn it on? I am wondering if this feature is no longer available on version 10.0.39? 

We are looking to turn on the vendor bank account workflow, but I am specifically trying to find a solution within the vendpay journal.

@Andre Arnaud de Calavon - On a vendor profile under bank accounts, the bank status can be active or expired. I am looking for a way for the system to validate that a vendor has both an active bank account and a bank account number. Currently, the AP team can run a successful validation on the payment journal, with a successful workflow, and then the journal will fail at time of payment because one vendor line out of the hundreds had an inactive or missing bank account. I am looking for a way to prevent this. 
  • Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,377 Super User on at
    Hi Casey,

Can you indicate what you mean by active? Is it a flag on the vendor bank account record in Dynamics 365 or do you want to perform a live check with an external service?
  • Suggested answer
    Kevin Xia Profile Picture
    Kevin Xia Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    You can refer to this official document: Validate vendor bank account before submitting vendor payment journal to workflow - Dynamics 365 Release Plan | Microsoft LearnThis feature saves time and frustration among your staff by letting you validate a vendor bank account before submitting a payment journal for that vendor to workflow. You can also refer to this official document: Vendor bank account workflow - Finance | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft LearnThis feature helps reduce the risk of fraud by detecting and preventing unapproved changes.
    Best regards,
    Kevin

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,377 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans