Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

Steps to create on demand workflow to assign case record to different user

Posted on by 465

Hi All,

I am using D365 online and trying to create on demand workflow to assign closed case record to a different person

Can I able to include a step to dynamically select a user while trying to run the workflow from Advanced find records

Can someone please post workflow steps/links

Regards,

Babu

• Suggested answer
    Bipin D365 Profile Picture
    Bipin D365 28,960 Super User on at
    RE: Steps to create on demand workflow to assign case record to different user

Hi,

Does that button available for open case records?

Also, have you checked from Case Entity View for example All Resolved Cases and then select one more more record and check if Assign button is available.

If not as suggested by Mahendra you should check Security role Assogn privilege on Case entity. And also check Button in ribbon workbench for case entity.

Please mark my answer verified if i were helpful

• Mahendar Pal Profile Picture
    Mahendar Pal 45,041 on at

Hi,

I thought you want to assign a huge number of records that's why you are looking for the on demand workflow support, anyway have your checked ... to expend all the options available and you don't see it there ?. Are you admin user ? if not check you have proper security roles. You can also review ribbon xml using Ribben workbench tool to see if that button is disabled.

• Narendra Sunkara Profile Picture
    Narendra Sunkara 465 on at

Thanks everyone,

Hi Bipin. I rechecked in my CRM environment again. I am not able to see "Assign" button for closed cases. I don't know whether it was intentionally hidden or OOB

Regards,

Babu

• Suggested answer
    Bipin D365 Profile Picture
    Bipin D365 28,960 Super User on at

Hi,

You can achieve this requirement with OOB Assign button also.

I just did quick test on my crm instance. And I was able to assign closed cases to different user using Assign button.

Please mark my answer verified if i were helpful

• Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Babu,

In general, you can refer following steps to assign records with workflow.

1.Go Settings > Process.

pastedimage1603089480447v1.png

2.Add ‘Assign records’ step.

pastedimage1603089485835v2.png

But for something you mentioned above, “dynamically select a user while trying to run the workflow”.

Do you mean that after you click run the workflow button, you can select any users that you need manually instead of the selected user of the workflow, which is just like clicking Assign button in active cases form, right?

pastedimage1603089491876v3.png

Unfortunately, you can’t do it in the workflow, you can just select one user or add many conditions and assign to other users under different conditions.

pastedimage1603089498062v4.png

Regards,

Leah Ju

Please mark as verified if the answer is helpful. Welcome to join hot discussions in Dynamics 365 Forums.

• Suggested answer
    Mahendar Pal Profile Picture
    Mahendar Pal 45,041 on at

Hi,

You won't be able to do this from Workflow but you can use dialog for this if required.

But keep in mind, if you want to do it for multiple record you can't do this using dialog, you can select only single record for Dialog it won't work for multiple records.

pastedimage1603088599727v1.jpeg

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans