Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Service forum
Answered

Upload Attachment to Document Storage

Posted on by 241
Afternoon folks!

I'm trying to create a flow that automatically uploads any attachments in notes to document storage.
I've partially managed to get the flow to trigger correctly but I can't see any options for an action that will move the file into document storage.
I would rather avoid using code so flow would be preferred but any suggestions would be most welcome!

Cheers
Sam
  • Verified answer
    Upload Attachment to Document Storage
    Sam,

To be honest, why go through the trouble to create something that already exists?  Check out MSCRM-ADDONS AttachmentExtractor, it will move email attachments, email message bodies, and/or notes attachments, you configure it to move what you want based on the age of the object you want moved.  So, notes attachments older than 3 days, for example.  You do need to configure the destination, we use Azure Blob Storage, so we had to configure a container and set some keys, but other than that the thing just runs and Users never know because the objects moved are accessed by the Users through CRM like nothing happened.  So, why build it when you can buy it?

Hope this helps,

Jim

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,989 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans