Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

How to remove Mircosoft system activitie types from the activity creation menu?

Posted on by 9

As a user, I only want to see relevant activity types when creating activities. Currently, the menu for creating activities in the Activity List is overflowing with Microsoft system activities that are completely irrelevant and irritating to our users for manual entry. So far we have not been able to find a way to remove these.

Does anyone know if and how this is possible? Here is the place in the system and activity types that are irrelevant for our users and that we would like to remove:

Or is this a known bug at this point? The unwanted activity types do not appear in the Quick Create menu or in Gridviews:

• Suggested answer
    SimoneZink Profile Picture
    SimoneZink 9 on at

Details: 
    Microsoft Support responded very quickly, understood the problem and forwarded it to the product team. The following feedback came quickly:
    "In "out of the box these activities can't be hidden, but this might be possible to do via custom code. Not sure this can work as Microsoft Support doesn't build custom solutions but might be something you can explore. there is no ability to hide or remove or disable these unwanted activities. You can't restrict access by security roles also. May be you can try to build a Javascript or build a plugin with built-in logic so that when triggered (for example on create of a new activity record of specific type), it will delete the unwanted activity type record. Since it is not possible to hide the activities from out of the box functionality, You might have to build a custom logic."

I replied, that we had already tried to suppress the unwanted activations via Javascript and Ribbon Workbench customising. This did not work, and it is not economical for us to circumvent a Microsoft-generated problem with so much effort and maintenance risk. I don't think the answer is conclusive either, as Microsoft suppresses other system activities, such as the Opportunity Close, at this point or does not display them.

My reply resulted in the afore mentioned feature request. So please vote, if you feel the same!
  • Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    I also hope that your problem will be solved soon!
    If possible, could you share the product team's response here?
    This will help subsequent users who may encounter the same issue, thanks in advance! :)

• Suggested answer
    SimoneZink Profile Picture
    SimoneZink 9 on at
    Hi @Leah, I opened a ticket yesterday and just received the feedback, that the issue is forwarded to the product team :-). So hopefully it wil be fixed eventually. Thanks for your support!
  • Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Hi Partner,
    Can't say for sure if this is really a bug or not, but we're really limited in what we can do.
    Perhaps you need to open a ticket with Microsoft and they will give you an authoritative response that can be recognised by your users.
    Get Help + Support - Dynamics | Microsoft Docs
    I hope you can mark my answer verified if it is helpful! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Leah
  • SimoneZink Profile Picture
    SimoneZink 9 on at
    Dear Leah Ju,

Thank you for your effort and detailed list of possibilities. This may help others with similar issues. In QuickCreate and Gridview it is ok again. Copilot activities had also crept in here in the meantime, but have since disappeared again. Mircrosoft must have fixed this in the background. We only have left the problem in the activities table directly in the "Other activities" ribbon.

We couldn't get to it with the Ribbon Workbench Customisation, we had tried that. I assume this is a Microsoft bug, a side effect of the introduction of Copilot and the entries will disappear again over time. As far as I can see, they make no sense for manual entry at this point. I understand this as someone from the software production side. Our users are sensitive to this though and find it buggy and unprofessional, especially when faced with a provider of the calibre of Microsoft. So I try to make sure that we don't overlook anything that we can do about it from our side.
  • Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    1.By default, all activity types are displayed unconditionally in the Activity ribbon.
    Maybe you can try to hide buttons that you don't need through Ribbon Workbench.
    2.Only some of the activity types under the Quick Create menu Not a bug.
    If you want to show specific activity types under the quick create menu,  you need to additionally set the following:
    1)Enable this option for the activity type(Fax) table:
    2)Need has quick create form:
    3)Verify this activity table(Fax) is added to the current app designer.
    4)Test:

I hope you can mark my answer verified if it is helpful! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Leah

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans