Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

Unlicensed users showing in Enabled Users

Posted on by 295

Hi all

I've noticed that in our Enabled users pane in D365 (wave 2 2020) we have most of our users showing, however most of those don't have a license assigned in O365 admin settings. 

Any ideas why this might be?

Is there a way to disable them from within D365 without removing them from O365?

Olly

• Tessacq Profile Picture
    Tessacq 287 on at
    RE: Unlicensed users showing in Enabled Users

Hi

I had the same issue and I discovered it is related with the security role specified on the environment, or on this case the lack of it.

If when creating the environment you don't specify any security role, it will create every user in Office 365 as a user in Dynamics 365, it is not related with the Dynamics 365 license.

Scenario 1: You leave Security Role blank -> all user in AD are created in Dynamics as enabled.

Scenario 2: You select a security role during creation of the environment -> Only the users on that security group are added.

Scenario 3: You create the environment and leave security group empty, but then you modify the settings and add a security group. -> The users that are not part of that security group are disabled.

Please know that although Microsoft calls it Security Groups, they are not, they are email alias.

pastedimage1601016881106v1.png

When you don't specify a security group, it creates almost every enabled and licensed employee in Office 365 as an employee in Dynamics, although I still haven't figured out the exact rule. Two users with the same licenses, one was created while the other no. 

I also found this document

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/control-user-access

I hope it helps.

Regards

Tess

• Suggested answer
    Mahadeo Matre Profile Picture
    Mahadeo Matre 17,021 on at

Also check this thread

community.dynamics.com/.../unlicensed-users-showing-under-enabled-users

• Ana Pereira Profile Picture
    Ana Pereira on at

Hello,

most probably the users have or

1- Flow free license

2 - E and F subscriptions

Recent (July)changes in the entitlement of Office 365 E3/F1 subscriptions. When Common Data Service plan was added to these subscriptions, the users with this license were automatically synchronized into the organizations, and showing up on active users view, even if  they cannot sign in because they don't have a security role and a valid license, 

Therefore removing the license or the Common Data Service plan can be an option

pastedimage1600879423217v1.png

, if not, then the alternative is to assign a security group to the environments through the Power Platform Admin Center. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/control-user-access

I hope it helps!:)

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans