Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Transportation management/Periodic/Transaction Purge cannot run as a batch process

Posted on by 90

Good day,

I am looking to reduce the size of our TMSTransaction table and want to run Transportation management/Periodic/Transaction Purge to do this. The deletion is fine, but if I try to set this up as a batch process by checking the "Batch processing" box and then click ok, it just runs the deletion as a AOS process and does not even try to send this off as a batch process, not matter what I do. I have tried this in 3 systems and also tested other periodic processes with the "Batch processing" check box. All other process seem to use this check box correctly, and all other test systems show the same issue.

Is this a known bug/issue please? I am running Ax2012 CU13 and have never seen this behaviour before, or find any posts/logs ref it. I also tried resetting all my data, but this has not rectified the issue.

Does anyone else have any experience of this clean up job, or come across a similar issue please? It is like the ticking of the box does nothing at all. I have also noticed that when I got back into the entry point, all my other settings as saved as last user, except this tick box which always reverts to being unchecked.

Regards Cliff

• lecointeludovic Profile Picture
    lecointeludovic 5 on at
    RE: Transportation management/Periodic/Transaction Purge cannot run as a batch process

Bonjour, je travaille actuellement sur la mise en place des purges sur AX2012 CU13 également, et j'aurai aimé une précisions sur ce qu'on appelle "Transactions" au niveau des transports. Parle-t-on bien de la suppression de toutes les charges et expéditions ou d'autres "transactions" ?

Merci de votre retour.

• Suggested answer
    CXF Profile Picture
    CXF 90 on at
    RE: Transportation management/Periodic/Transaction Purge cannot run as a batch process

This turned out to need Microsoft to fix this bug, in case anyone else has a similar issue.

• Suggested answer
    Leo Chen Profile Picture
    Leo Chen on at

This doesn't look right. You can raise a support ticket to work closely with a support engineer. They'll help verify this in standard envt and if same behavior they'll help to escalate to Product team for a fix.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans