Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Commerce forum / Hide canceled order li...
Commerce forum
Unanswered

Hide canceled order lines from POS (Mandatory feature in 10.0.41)

Posted on by 24
MS has made this feature mandatory in 10.0.41, Reading the MS documents it states:

In Commerce versions prior to 10.0.36, if an order is partially canceled and it's recalled in POS for editing, then the canceled order lines are also displayed on the transaction and printed on the receipt of the edited order. With Commerce version 10.0.36 and later, the canceled lines are hidden from POS and aren't printed on the receipt. This functionality is controlled by the Hide canceled order lines from POS feature, which is enabled by default in the feature management workspace starting in version 10.0.36. The feature can be disabled if necessary

This feature is currenly enabled in our Sandbox environment (10.0.41) and steps I am taking to check wheather the cancelled lines are hiden from POS and sale receipt are below:

Create customer order in POS with MOD as pickup
Add multiple line items
Cancel/Void one of the lines
Complete the order (If i suspend the order then only way to load the transaction back on POS is via 'Recall Transaction" menu and that does not allow users to edit the order)
Via Recall Order, recall the transaction and click on edit.
The transaction loads up on the screen but I can still see the cancelled line showing on POS even with the mandatory feature enabled ?? Surprsinly i replicated this in our Prod like enviroment which is on 10.0.40 with feature turned off, i can still see the same behaviour (Cancelled line showing on POS after recalling the order but nothing on sale reciept)

If i complete the transaction, the cancelled line does not appear on the reciept which is working as expected. 

The steps we taking to test this feature, are they accurate ? Did i miss something ?
  • Shafeeque P. Profile Picture
    Shafeeque P. 6,423 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    I created a sales order with one line. Tendered the transaction by  collecting a deposit. Recalled the order using "Recall Order" functionality. Voided the first line and added another product as new line and tendered the transaction. The receipt that was printed had only one line - Line 2. Recalled the order again, only line 2 showed up on the POS. 

In the case of suspend/recall of the order, the transaction state is saved. When you recall the transaction, the transaction is recalled as it is. You will be able to see if voided lines (if any) as striked off.

• Ras14 Profile Picture
    Ras14 24 on at
    @Shafeeque: When you say, "Once you save and recall the transaction, the line is not shown)., do you mean suspend the transaction and using "Recall Transaction" load it back? I did that too, but I can still see the voided line on the screen with a strikethrough on it.

POS version: 9.51.24262.4
    CSU version: 9.51.24262.1 (10.0.41)

• Shafeeque P. Profile Picture
    Shafeeque P. 6,423 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    My CSU and Store commerce are on 10.0.41. With the new feature enabled, the canceled/voided lines are not showing on the receipt and POS(the line is shown when you cancel the line. Once you save  and recall the transaction, the line is not shown). Please check if you POS and CSU are on the same version and you have pushed the data from HQ to CSU after enabling the feature.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,572 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,792 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans