Skip to main content
Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Business Central Service Order integration with Field Service Work Order

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 131

Hi everyone,

At our company we are using Business Central as ERP-system for processing our financial activities. We are also using Dynamics 365 Sales for our sales team, which we've integrated with Business Central.

Just recently we've also started working with Dynamics 365 Field Service for handling work/service related orders and scheduling our field service engineers. I've noticed there is also a service management module in Dynamics Business Central, which covers most of the same components (work/service orders, contracts etc.).

To make our internal processes more efficient I would like to know if there is a integration tool which makes it possible to synchronize work orders between Dynamics 365 Field Service and Business Central. Right now our sales department has to make a sales order in Business Central if an item is sold that has no work-related activities, but it has to make a work order in Dynamcis 365 Field Service if an item is sold that requires service activities. This causes struggles in our order processing because our sales team has to work with two different systems at the same time. It would be nice if work orders could be created from Business Central, which are then synchronized to Dynamics Field Service, and the other way around.

Please let me know if you have any toughts on this!

• JR61 Profile Picture
    JR61 131 on at
    RE: Business Central Service Order integration with Field Service Work Order

Hi Inge,

Thank you. I had noticed the 3rd party solution you mentioned (and searched for several others), however none of the available solutions covers integration for (in my view) the most essential part of Field Service, which is work orders.

• Suggested answer
    Inge M. Bruvik Profile Picture
    Inge M. Bruvik 32,716 Super User on at
    RE: Business Central Service Order integration with Field Service Work Order

There is no native connector available yet between BC and Field service.

Maybe some day there will be. But there are 3. party solutions avalible.

Here is one example:

smartconnect.eonesolutions.com/.../d365-field-service-and-d365-business-central-integration

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,244 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,939 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans