Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Answered

Fullname control is not working in Unified Interface

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi,

We've recently enabled the Unified Interface on our Dynamics 365 CE web client and noticed that the fullname is missing from the Contact forms and several views. It is there when I open the Form editor, but when running 

formContext.getAttribute("fullname")
  it's a null.

Fullname-in-Form-editor.PNG

Fullname-on-Contact-form.PNG

It's causing us a big headache as we're using the fullname basically everywhere: in forms, views, Word/Excel templates, javascripts etc.

Has anyone come across this problem or knows a workaround without having to replace the fullname with first and last name everywhere in our environment?

According to Microsoft it's officially not ready before April 2020 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/about-unified-interface#capabilities-not-yet-on-unified-interface), but we need to start testing the new UI before that.

Many thanks in advance

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    Arun Vinoth Profile Picture
    Arun Vinoth 11,613 on at
    RE: Fullname control is not working in Unified Interface

Like I answered in Stack Overflow stackoverflow.com/.../7920473, this should not be a problem anywhere except custom script.

Need a workaround snippet to concatenate the First & Last name to get Full Name.

• Suggested answer
    Henry J. Profile Picture
    Henry J. 5,235 on at

Hello,

Full Name is not available on the form because it's a composite field. So it renders with the fields that make up this composite field.

As a workaround you can query the First Name and Last Name fields in your script.

Regarding views and other places, I'm surprised that you are saying Full Name is not working. What is the exact error here?

Henry

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

I get it. :(

• Suggested answer
    danimarie123 Profile Picture
    danimarie123 on at

Hi Reka,

There are certain capabilities that continue to be unavailable in the Unified Interface and we are working to provide these in future releases.  Although we don't have a published date for this capability, I encourage you not to wait on testing the new UI.

You will have the ability to enable early access for some features ~2 months prior to Release Wave 1 2020, with release plans being available ~1 month prior to early access.

I hope this helps.

Danielle

Thanks Anne. That's really good, although it doesn't really help if you have lots of custom JS or even plugin that uses the fullname.

Feedback from Dynamics 365 Saturday is that the teams are now using the new business card scanner so they don't care that they don't have a full name to populate.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans