Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Workflow purchase order approval, Not ending with Release

Posted on by 249
Hi!
We need to set up some workflow approval for purchase orders. The default workflow ends with a Released PO which will not work for us. (A released PO in our business means that it is confirmed by the supplier, and when the purchased is approved it is not even sent to the supplier..).

I would like another status option when the purchase is sent to approval, like /Waiting for approval/ just as /Waiting for pre-payment/ works. 

Or process will in my imagination go like this:
Person A will make a purchase order - if the amount is bigger then X it has to be approved by person B before it can be sent to any supplier. (I don't know how this approval will be triggered though..)
The PO is now marked with /Wating for approval/
Person B approve the PO and it will maybe get the status /Approved/
Person A can now go on and send it to the supplier and release it when it is confirmed by the supplier.

Do anyone have a workflow like this or do you have other suggestions?
Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Karan Mehta Profile Picture
    Karan Mehta 8 on at
    Hello, 

I guess the reason why your purchase order is getting directly approved is because the person who is sending the document for approval has unlimited approval rights.
    Please check user approval status in the system for it.

With respect to workflow,
    The imagination that you have is perfectly fulfilled by Base Business Central.  I have highlighted the steps below, please follow the same.

Step - 1 - Go to Workflows.

Step - 2 - Click on New Workflow from template. 

Step - 3 - Click on Purchase Order Approval Workflow.

Step - 4 - Open the Purchase Order Approval Workflow & Click on 1st Condition shown in the screenshot below.

Step - 5 - Enter the Amount i.e., >5,000 or <5,000 i.e., Depending on the Limit which you want to set for the Purchase Order amount approval.

Step 6 - If you want a specific person only to approve above this amount then, Click on Then Response, 

Click on the third line i.e., Create an approval request for record. As soon as you click on third line, you'll see few other option below

Follow the Pattern Shared below, I have selected user Vishal, you can put any user you want there (This user will be responsible for the PO above certain amount i.e., >5,000)

Click on OK. 

Step 7 - Enable the Purchase Order Workflow. 

This will take care of the Amount related Approval Mechanism on the Purchase order Approval Workflow for Specific user. 

If you face any issue, Please share it with a screenshot for ease of understanding.

• Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 69,639 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi, You can extend Sales Document Status to add new statuses. Then reset your workflow.
    Sorry I didn't verify it in detail, if you still need some control, this will require adding some other customization.

Hopefully other experts can give you better advice.

Thanks
    ZHU

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates