Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Unanswered

Found an bug in GP econnect During Inventory Transaction

Posted on by 385

Hello ,

Today one of my customer find an problem while doing a negative transaction from my custom solution which uses econnect for posting the transactions.

Scenario : 

Do a positive transaction for item Item 1 for 100 Qty and provide expiry date : say 20 Feb 2019 and giving lot Number :L001 and bin : bin01, 

Create a purchase order and receive the item  say 200 Qty with  same lot number and bin number but giving expiry date as blank.

Doing transaction from Econnect:

1'st transaction : Allocate some ex 80 qty from 1'st lot 

2nd transaction : Allocate   130 Qty from 2nd lot which is having blank expiry lot  error got .

Error Number :  3374, in executing sproc  taIVTransactionLotInsert for  econnect transaction.

This is a bug which should be reported to microsoft ,can any one tell how i can do this.

• RE: Found an bug in GP econnect During Inventory Transaction

Researching this procedure/error, we have had prior bugs around this but they should've been fixed in GP 2015 R2, though I believe you're currently on GP 2018?

One case I found mentioned to review in the Inventory Setup window where there is a drop-down box for 'Auto Assign Lot Numbers Based On' with options or either Expiration Date or Receipt Date. As a test, change it to the opposite of what you currently have and see if that changes anything.

Also, verify whether the expiration dates have anything to do with it.

In another case we had with the same error, the customer found that a LOTNUMBR value was incorrect and/or missing the ALL value in the bin column, once they corrected that, the procedure worked for them.

Looking at the taIVTransactionLotInsert eConnect procedure, for error number 3374, it shows the following:

if (@LotHit = 0)

begin

if (@I_vEXPNDATE = '') and exists (select 1 from IV00300 (nolock)

where ITEMNMBR = @I_vITEMNMBR and LOCNCODE = @I_vLOCNCODE and LOTNUMBR = @I_vLOTNUMBR and LTNUMSLD = 0 and

QTYTYPE = 1 and BIN = @I_vBIN)

begin

select @O_iErrorState = 8678    

exec @iStatus = taUpdateString

@O_iErrorState,

@oErrString,

@oErrString output,

@O_oErrorState output

break

end

else

begin

select @O_iErrorState = 3374    

exec @iStatus = taUpdateString

@O_iErrorState,

@oErrString,

@oErrString output,

@O_oErrorState output

break

end

end

end

else

begin

select @QTYRECVD = @I_vSERLTQTY

end

If you want a technician to look at it with you, with your code, you can open a support case, as we don't charge or decrement support cases if it ends up being an actual 'bug' with the product.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans