Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Unanswered

"SALESID must be filled in" issue in API request in Pre-PROD environment (tier2) While testing via Postman

Posted on by 15

HI All,

I have developed an API based of type POST, calling which will create sales order header and lines in f&o.

And this works all good in the DEV instance where it was developed.

This has been deployed to the tier2 environment (Pre-Prod)

1. Postman configured for Pre-Prod

2. Token generation is successful

3. Pasted the token in API request and clicked on SEND

4. Exception handling is developed and incorporated well, hence while analyzing the logs it is captured that "Sales ID must be filled in".  I have verified the staging table , both header and lines staging are populated well and as per the payload that was pushed even the salesID generated successfully and loaded in the respective staging

5. Still getting the error "SalesID must be filled in".  

Is it something related to access issue or some XDS policies if there are any?

Can someone please suggest what could be the cause for this?

Again iterating that same code in DEV is working without any issues, I mean upon pushing the payload from postman, we can the sales order header and lines are created successfully

Please suggest!!

• Zel Profile Picture
    Zel 15 on at
    RE: "SALESID must be filled in" issue in API request in Pre-PROD environment (tier2) While testing via Postman

Have you tried creating sales order headers and lines with the standard Entities?

Have you tried performing a read to see what the output is?

Perhaps also double check the number sequence

• Zel Profile Picture
    Zel 15 on at
    RE: "SALESID must be filled in" issue in API request in Pre-PROD environment (tier2) While testing via Postman

Hi there,

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User on at

Hi D365 Mania,

You can read the next article how to debug your Pre-Prod: Debug a copy of the production database - Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn

• D365 Mania Profile Picture
    D365 Mania 15 on at

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the response.

I have sys admin role assigned to me.

Can you please suggest what sort of comparison should I do betweem DEV and Pre-Prod?

And debugging is not possible as Pre-Prod is a tier 2

Please help

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User on at

Hi D365 Mania,

Are you using this API with system administrator privileges? If so, it can't be related to security set up. If you don't have the system administrator role assigned, try this role and check if this is removing the error. Then you know if it is related to security or not.

If you excluded the security part, you would need to verify settings between the environments or start debugging to find out which exact call is raising the error.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans