Skip to main content
Business Central forum
Answered

Inventory to Fixed Asset

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 48
I have some inventory I would like to move to fixed asset. Is there a way to do? For example I have 10 units of Inventory X. These need to be moved out of inventory and into fixed assets. However, these need to be 10 individual fixed assets because they can be moved separately to different warehouses.
Categories:
  • Verified answer
    Jun Wang Profile Picture
    Jun Wang 3,768 Super User on at
    Inventory to Fixed Asset
    the solution suggested by Yi Yong is excellent! After creating a product posting group such as FA conversion, and assign it to a separate inventory adjustment account for fa conversion, you'll be able to separate such transaction from regular inventory transactions.  this is an optional step though.

if you create such a posting group, you need to populate on the item journal so the new posting group override the default posting group for the item.

by putting the inventory adjustment account as balance account, BC will move the value of those items from it and put into the FA account. 

hope it clear up a bit.

Jun Wang
  • Verified answer
    Yi Yong Profile Picture
    Yi Yong 120 on at
    Inventory to Fixed Asset
    Hello,

There is no direct conversion from Inventory Item to Fixed Asset in BC by standard.
    You will have to do a couple of entries to achieve this.

1. Do Negative Item Journal entries on the Inventory Items. You may want to consider creating a separate Gen. Prod. Posting Group for a cleaner approach.
    Otherwise, it will post to the GL account stated on the item's Gen. Prod Posting Group Inventory Adjmt. Account.

2. Create ten fixed assets separately. You can use the 'Copy Fixed Assets' function to speed up the process.

3. Create Acquisition entries on Fixed Asset G/L Journals and make sure the Bal. Account No. is tied to the step#1 Inventory Adjmt. Account.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Is Copilot Supported In My Region?

Find out if Dynamics 365 and Copilot are supported in your region…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,189 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,776 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans