Skip to main content

Notifications

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Auto extend functionality with GDAP relationship

Posted on by 312
Hello Experts! 

I want to be sure about one case - auto extend functionality with GDAP Relationship. 
I mean when I have for example GDAP relationship for 365 days accepted, and auto extend enabled, will it be automatically extended till I disconnect relationship? Or it will be autoextended only once and after 365days + 6 months we will need to generate new relationship link? I found some informations from MS but to be honest, they are not clear and I have no place to test them: GDAP frequently asked questions - Partner Center | Microsoft Learn

Thank you in advance! :) 
  • Suggested answer
    Auto extend functionality with GDAP relationship
    Hello,

based on the info on this title, I think that you do not need to manually extend any GDAP, but GDAP with Global Administrator can't be autoextended.

When Autoextend is enabled against a GDAP, the Autoextended duration is set to Yes (six months). A GDAP with autoextend doesn't expire on the last day of the GDAP, it's rolled forward by six months, so that Partner doesn't need to request a new GDAP, get customer consent, or perform access assignments.

More on the link below...

Also, I have a GDAP Relationship on the Partner Source for one of our customers (I know it doesn't make sense, but such are the needs), and I do not remember that we needed to extend my GDAP Relationship, so I would try with Autoextend enabled and wait for 6 months to see what will happen.

Greetings

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,462 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,366 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates