Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Answered

Reinstall Web Client Nav 17

Posted on by 70

I was coding ASPNET sites, and I needed to publish the site. I forgot to create a folder, I've selected delete files option and I published to wwwroot.
With that my NAV 17 Web Client folder was deleted.

I tried to repair, but the folder doesn't appear back.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Web Client, and the folder still doesn't appear.
Then I copy the folder form the DVD folder, and put it on wwwroot, and I tried to create a new site myself.
And now I got an error.
PS: I don't know if this folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\Web Client) had to have something in it.

I've read what's in here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/dynamicsnav-2013/jj551768(v%3dnav.70)
And https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/dynamicsnav-2013/hh167211(v=nav.70)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Still didn't find a answer

Screenshot-_2800_252_2900_.pngScreenshot-_2800_253_2900_.pngScreenshot-_2800_254_2900_.pngScreenshot-_2800_255_2900_.png

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Marco Mels Profile Picture
    Marco Mels on at
    RE: Reinstall Web Client Nav 17

Hello,

A support ticket can only be raised via your Dynamics NAV partner. Typically a Dynamics NAV partner does already have a business relation with Microsoft.

Thanks.

• RE: Reinstall Web Client Nav 17
    [quote user="Belarmino Vicenzo"
    Marco Mels said:

Hello again,

Yes, it can be done via IIS manually but it is tricky as you need to work with linked directories and you need to add specific permissions to virtual folders in %programdata%. For Microsoft support this is out of scope of answering this via community posting. Best would be to raise a support ticket.

Thanks.

Does raising a ticket support cost money or a have to give a bunch of company information that normal people doesn't know?

[/quote

I've follow your words and use it as a tip.
    I installed NAV on a VM, and I manage to replicate what was there, and specially creating a linked directory.
    Now it seems Ok, but it was asking me for user all the time and it wasn't loggin in,

so I went to ComputerName\Sites\Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 Web Client\DynamicsNAV100\WebClient in IIS and I enable Windows Authentication.
    But now I'm stuck on this page

Screenshot-_2800_268_2900_.png

after a few min it shows this
    Screenshot-_2800_267_2900_.png

When I click restart, it says:

You are now signed out.

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics NAV.

And I get this on event viewer

Error accessing Website Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 Web Client
    Raw Url: /DynamicsNAV100/WebClient/list.aspx?spa=1&dc=0&inapp=false
    Url: http://localhost:8080/DynamicsNAV100/WebClient/list.aspx?spa=1&dc=0&inapp=false
    Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavServerNotFoundException
    Message: A server was not found at "net.tcp://192.168.1.169:7046/DynamicsNAV100/Service". Either the URL is incorrect or the server is currently not available.
    StackTrace:
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.ConfirmOpenConnectionRetry(ConnectFailedEventArgs connectFailedArgs, Exception exception)
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.OpenConnection[TChannel](ConnectFailedEventArgs connectFailedArgs, ConnectionRequest connectionRequest, ConnectionOptions connectionOptions, SpnSetting spnSettingToTry, Boolean allowSpnSettingsSwap, UserSettings& userSettings)
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.OpenConnection[TChannel](ConnectionRequest connectionRequest, ConnectionOptions connectionOptions, UserSettings& userSettings)
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.OpenConnection()
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSessionInitializer.OpenConnectionToServer()
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSessionInitializer.InitializeCore()
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSessionInitializer.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.UISession.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.NavWebUISessionInitializer.InitializeCore(UISession session)
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.WebClient.NavWebClientUISessionInitializer.InitializeCore(UISession session)
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.NavWebUISessionInitializer.Initialize(UISession session)
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Web.ShownFormTrackingUISessionInitializer.InitializeSessionAndTrackShownInitializationForms(UISession session)
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Web.ShownFormTrackingUISessionInitializer.Initialize(UISession session)
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Web.LogicalFormInitializer.InitializeSession(FormPropertyBag formBeingInitialized, ClientSession clientSession)
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Web.LogicalFormInitializer.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.b__0()
       at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.LogicalOperationInvoker.InvokeAndHandleExceptions(Func`1 action, IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler)
    Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection----------------------------------
    Type: System.TimeoutException
    Message: Open timed out after 00:00:00 while establishing a transport session to net.tcp://192.168.1.169:7046/DynamicsNAV100/Service. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.
    StackTrace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
    Source: System.ServiceModel----------------------------------
    Type: System.TimeoutException
    Message: Connecting to via net.tcp://192.168.1.169:7046/DynamicsNAV100/Service timed out after 00:00:00. Connection attempts were made to 0 of 1 available addresses (). Check the RemoteAddress of your channel and verify that the DNS records for this endpoint correspond to valid IP Addresses. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.
    StackTrace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnectionInitiator.CreateTimeoutException(Uri uri, TimeSpan timeout, IPAddress[] addresses, Int32 invalidAddressCount, SocketException innerException)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnectionInitiator.Connect(Uri uri, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.BufferedConnectionInitiator.Connect(Uri uri, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan timeout)
    Source: System.ServiceModel

Any solutions?

[quote user="Marco Mels"]

Hello again,

Yes, it can be done via IIS manually but it is tricky as you need to work with linked directories and you need to add specific permissions to virtual folders in %programdata%. For Microsoft support this is out of scope of answering this via community posting. Best would be to raise a support ticket.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Does raising a ticket support cost money or a have to give a bunch of company information that normal people doesn't know?

• Verified answer
    Marco Mels on at

Hello again,

Thanks.

Hi,

Ah yes, ManagementServicesPort was added in a later build. You are probably using an older build of Dynamics. You can remove the managementservicesport.

The other error does mean that IIS isn't correctly installed. At this point, I think it is best you do raise a support request with Microsoft technical support via your CSP or Dynamics partner.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Ah yes, ManagementServicesPort was added in a later build. You are probably using an older build of Dynamics. You can remove the managementservicesport.
    Affirmative.

The other error does mean that IIS
    Sorry, but I don't think that's the case, since besides what I've explain in the post, and I have to put the folder from DVD there to try to make it work.
    Any ASPNET site made by me, I can make it work.
    I have Business Central web Instance working just fine (added on the install process of BC).
    I've added new instances of NAV Web Client manually, but the problem is those errors I get. 

Pls see the two images

1st
    Screenshot-_2800_264_2900_.png

2nd
    Screenshot-_2800_265_2900_.png

The first one I get, and solve it by converting the directory to an application.
    But the second... It's a programming error. But it just start happening after I delete the site by mistake

• Suggested answer
    Marco Mels on at

Hi,

The other error does mean that IIS isn't correctly installed. At this point, I think it is best you do raise a support request with Microsoft technical support via your CSP or Dynamics partner.

Thanks.

Hello,

On your IIS server or PC, in the Start menu, right click on "Dynamics NAV 2017 Administration Shell" and choose Run as Administrator.

E.g.:

New-NAVWebServerInstance -WebServerInstance <<name>> -Server localhost -ServerInstance <<serverinstance>> -ClientServicesCredentialType Windows `

>> -ClientServicesPort <<clientservicesport>> -ManagementServicesPort <<managementservicesport>> -Force

A sample of possible values:

New-NAVWebServerInstance -WebServerInstance DynamicsNAV100 -Server localhost -ServerInstance DynamicsNAV100-ClientServicesCredentialType Windows -ClientServicesPort 7046 -ManagementServicesPort 7045 -Force

You need to replace the possible values with your own that does apply to your situation.  Alternatively, raise a support ticket to Microsoft support via your CSP and we will assist you to get up and running. It must be frustrating when the application fails with errors. We are here to assist.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Can I do this process using IIS?

Hello,

On your IIS server or PC, in the Start menu, right click on "Dynamics NAV 2017 Administration Shell" and choose Run as Administrator.

E.g.:

New-NAVWebServerInstance -WebServerInstance <<name>> -Server localhost -ServerInstance <<serverinstance>> -ClientServicesCredentialType Windows `

>> -ClientServicesPort <<clientservicesport>> -ManagementServicesPort <<managementservicesport>> -Force

New-NAVWebServerInstance -WebServerInstance DynamicsNAV100 -Server localhost -ServerInstance DynamicsNAV100-ClientServicesCredentialType Windows -ClientServicesPort 7046 -ManagementServicesPort 7045 -Force

You need to replace the possible values with your own that does apply to your situation.  Alternatively, raise a support ticket to Microsoft support via your CSP and we will assist you to get up and running. It must be frustrating when the application fails with errors. We are here to assist.

Thanks.

[/quote]

I've tried with all parameters and I got this error

Screenshot-_2800_263_2900_-_2D00_-Copy.png

Then I removed a few ones and I got those two.
    My C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\Web Client folder is empty, is that a problem?
    Screenshot-_2800_262_2900_.pngScreenshot-_2800_263_2900_.png

[quote user="Belarmino Vicenzo"]
    RockwithNAV said:

There could be many things ,  I would also suggest to complete uninstall it and do a fresh installation with all cookies and caches cleared.

Install a new one and then provide all necessary configuration settings and see the outcome.

Compliete uninstall NAV our just the web server?

[/quote]

Done.
    Don't know about caches, but no cookies on the browser.
    Still didn't work  :( 

• Suggested answer
    Marco Mels on at

Hello,

E.g.:

Thanks.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,572 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,706 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans