Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Suggested answer

Location utilization/capacity

Posted on by 10
Dear all,

I'm working on IM/WM and wonder if D365 allows tracking inventory/warehouse capacity.

In the Inventory Management module, there is "Inventory location" to identify the volume for a specific location of a warehouse that is not active for WHM. However, there is no place to config "exceed location volume alert".

In the Warehouse Management module, there is "Location Profile ID" to define the location volume. However, when I try to place new PO and receive the item, the current volume did not update at all.

I don't know what to handle this situation. Hope you guys can provide me a way or a direction to research. Thank you so much.
  • Location utilization/capacity
    The website functionality does not consider these limits, it will only update the utilization; Only WHS will restrict over-utilization of locations with this setup.
    That's why, in my example, I can have 125% on 2-24-CP-005. Did that with a normal movement journal.
  • PT-01100339-0 Profile Picture
    PT-01100339-0 10 on at
    No. I received using the website's functions (both in Procure & Sourcing module and Inventory Management module)
  • Location utilization/capacity
    Did you receive using the mobile device?
    If so, can you see any warnings in the work creation history log that these location has be skipped?
  • PT-01100339-0 Profile Picture
    PT-01100339-0 10 on at
    I've figured out why the location volume didnot update at all. That's because I've not setup physical dimension for the item.

Thankyou so much!!

However, there is still a problem that: It allows to perform goods receive when the location is out of capacity. For example, your location CP-003 and CP-005. And also my location 10001. In my case, I didnot turn on the "Exceed location capacity" option.

• Suggested answer
    PT-01100339-0 Profile Picture
    PT-01100339-0 10 on at
    Thank you so much for answering!!!

Compare to yours, there is one step that I missed is Consistency check. However, after I do it and try to Receive goods, the current volume of location didnot update at all.

I will give some screenshot on what I've done. 

First, I've defined a Location profile ID and use "location volume" with initial 80% volume utilization percentage.

I also create new location using the Location Profile ID I've just created (the second one)

I do run the Consistency check and there are some errors as you can see below. However, there is no error for my TESTCAP location, so I assume I have set up correctly.

Next, I create a PO with an item that has SiteWHLoc storage dimension.

Then I confirm the PO and perform item receipt.

Lastly, I would like to check the warehouse/ location utilization. I expect it to have some changes in the "Current volume". However, it didnot change at all.

I wonder if there are some additional configurations for this function.

Thank you so much for take my question into consideration!!
  • Suggested answer
    The fields on the location profile are used to configure volumetric validation in WHS. WHS will not place goods in locations where the volume would exceed the configured limits.
    Additionally, there are some consolidation features that utilize these settings.

Below are some screenshots and configuration hints from my demonstration environment. I’ve configured this for my webshop locations:

After you have changed these parameters, you need to run this consistency check with fix error (IN TEST FIRST!)

If they are configured with dimensions, F&O will update the utilization of the locations when you do physical movements (I.e. receive a PO).

You can get a better overview by using the "Warehouse utilization" report, found under Warehouse management -> Inquiries and reports -> Warehouse monitoring reports -> Warehouse utilization.
    Here I have exported it to Excel for better visibility:

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,593 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,815 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans