Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Batch Management Servi...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Batch Management Service stopped, failed to start and throwing error 1064

Posted on by 2
Hello Guys
I am trying to create a Dynamics 365 environment local VM for my practice and I recently downloaded a VHD file from lcs.dynamics.com.

I converted FinandOps10.0.32 VHD to QCOW2 format using a Starwind converter as I am using Fedora 37.

My Windows login screen coming in as Localadmin on Windows Server 2019 and it looks like everything on the VM is working fine but for some reason my Dynamics 365 Unified Services are not running I also tried to start it manually but I am getting this error. / Windows could not start the Microsft Dynamics 365 Unified Operations: Batch Management Service service on Local Computer: Error 1064: An exception occurred in the service when handling the control request.

I can't figure out what seems to be the issue and how to rectify it. I also tried to turn off maintenance mode by following this guide.

I really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.

• Batch Management Service stopped, failed to start and throwing error 1064
    I am having the same issue as noted below. The system is NOT in maintenace mode. I am using the same build as reported initally. The Web client AND batch service are not working.

Could it be an issue with the way the VHD is configured?
  • Suggested answer
    Arunraj Rajasekar Profile Picture
    Arunraj Rajasekar 1,729 on at
    Hi,

Run below statement in SQL, if the value column equal to 1 it means maintenance mode is enabled. Alter value to 0 to disable the maintenance mode.
    Select * FROM [AxDB].[dbo].[SQLSYSTEMVARIABLES] where dbo.SQLSYSTEMVARIABLES.PARM = 'CONFIGURATIONMODE' 

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,549 Super User on at
    You should be able to find more information about the problem in Event Logs Viewer.

Are you saying that F&O GUI works fine and your only problem is with the batch service? If not, forget batch for now - focus on F&O web application. If the F&O application doesn't work, batch processing can't work either.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,914 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,549 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans