Skip to main content

Notifications

Business Central forum
Answered

How to fill the capacity and labour costs in the 'standard cost worksheet'?

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 164

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble filling in the standard capacity and labour costs. I have a suspicion about why this might be happening, but I'm not certain. For the capacity cost field, I'm unable to manually change it; so the system needs to make a proposal here.

Does the system only make a proposal for this when we've actually produced something? 

In the expected cost field you see some numbers because we filled in the routing field, item card overhead costs and work centers. I did run the /Adjust Cost - Item Entries/ after adding those cost.

• Verified answer
    Jun Wang Profile Picture
    Jun Wang 4,020 Super User on at
    In my opinion, standard cost worksheet might be a bit trick to use without fully understand how it works. Meanwhile, it is safer to roll up item costs directly from the item card.  

Jun Wang

• Suggested answer
    Ben Baxter Profile Picture
    Ben Baxter 4,053 Super User on at
    In the screenshot above you have values in the "Expected Cost" column of a Prod. Order Statistics window.  Did you add your Routing Lines and Components to the Production Order manually?

The standard cost worksheet works off of the Item Card's defined Routing No. and BOM No., not off previous Production Orders.  This means you would need to define a Routing (capacity/subcontract/cap. overhead values come from the values defined Work/Machine Centers) and a BOM (material cost comes from the defined Raw Materials/Sub-Assemblies).

Once the Routing and BOM are built, you need to select them on the Replenishment Tab of the Item.  Once this is complete you can re-run your Standard Cost Worksheet and it should calculate values properly.

P.S. If this information was helpful, please mark this as a Verified Answer to help other forum users find the solution.

Best Regards,
    Ben Baxter
    Accent Software Inc
  • Suggested answer
    KasparsSemjonovs Profile Picture
    KasparsSemjonovs 3,099 Super User on at
    It's a lot to describe for each of those columns/lines :)
    In the Standard Cost column, You would get Item costs, only if the Finished good item has the Costing Method of Standard, and in the Item card, You have the Standard cost provided. In the picture above it is the worksheet, that I think You have to approve, before the Standard Cost field is updated in the Item Card. and after that You have to re-plan the Prod Order, so that the Costs are updated (or delete and create the Line in production order again)

For other lines I think this column is always 0.
    For the Capacity and Labor Cost, You would need to post Capacity Ledger entries with information how much time has a work center or machine center was used for this Prod. order. In the same way if You provide information of how much time Resource (person) has spent time on each operation, then You will get the Labor Costs,
    The Expected cost is when the Prod. Order is planned and You have all the costs in Work center cards and resource cards.
    The Actual costs appear when those entries are posted with how much time actually has been spent. Then You can see the Deviation percentage.
  • gdrenteria Profile Picture
    gdrenteria 3,108 Super User on at

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,375 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans