Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

Which plugin event is fired when an email is expanded under Activities for a contact?

Posted on by 17

Hi,

We are moving email body content from our Dynamics 365 instance to Azure blob storage.

I wrote a plugin that fires on Retrieve event of email entity, overrides the "description" and "safedescription" attribute. This part works well and I can see my custom content (this will be replaced by Azure blob later) when a user opens an email. Screenshot:

pastedimage1631044764656v1.png 

But the same event does not fire when this email is expanded from Activities section and actual email body shows up:

pastedimage1631044905683v2.png

I am unable to figure out the step to attach my plugin in this case. Any guidance?

Thanks,

Jags

• justjags Profile Picture
    justjags 17 on at
    RE: Which plugin event is fired when an email is expanded under Activities for a contact?

This didin't work. No debug profile got created :(

I looked into AttachmentExtractor by mscrmaddons (they have a video in youtube) and they seems to upload email content to Azure blob and then strip html tags.  They show this simple email text preview in Activities.

So I am guessing even they were unable retrieve the original email content in this case.

The approach we are going to take now is the same as ms-crm-addon. We will upload the email content to blob, strip html tags and save this stripped content in CRM. When user will open an email, our plugin will fetch original email content (with html tags etc.) from blob and pass it along via plugin to CRM.

Thanks for your reply Mehdi!

• Suggested answer
    meelamri Profile Picture
    meelamri 13,198 User Group Leader on at
    RE: Which plugin event is fired when an email is expanded under Activities for a contact?

Hi,

You will need to use retrieveMultiple message and ActivityPointer entity.

pastedimage1631103977596v1.png

Good Luck !

• justjags Profile Picture
    justjags 17 on at

Hi Mehdi,

There are 3 entities that start with activity: activitypointer, activityparty and activitymonitor.

I tried all 3 but it didn't work.

Then I used retrievemultiple with email and this step created a debug log profile. But there are only 3 attributes being returned for an email entity in this step and none of them is description.

I will create step RetrieveMultiple for all entities and will see what comes up.

Thanks

• meelamri Profile Picture

Hi, Any news ?

• Suggested answer
    meelamri Profile Picture

Hi, 

I believe you need a plugin that will run on the retrieveMultiple message of the activity entity. The approach to implement will be different from the one you have already implemented

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans