Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Unanswered

Product Configuration Model - Versions

Posted on by 5

Dear Experts,

When importing a new base product into a configuration model from a supplied xml-file, I seem to be unable to couple a version.

Basically after importing it clears all previous versions (at least in the list shown by clicking "versions"). I try to add one with start and enddate equal to today and never respectively. After approving, I should be able to activate, as it is the only version in the list. Yet I get the error message saying it overlaps with a version with interval 9/05/2019-31/12/2154. Is there a hidden version that didn't get deleted? I'm pretty bummed out by this.

Thanks in advance,
Sofian

Version-Failure.png

• RE: Product Configuration Model - Versions

Thank you for your support. I saw my mistake. One I could have forseen.

The version was overlapping with a version coupled to a different configuration model.

I was very certain that wasn't the case, but apparently one can never be too certain without checking first.

• nunomaia Profile Picture
    nunomaia 10,684 Super User on at
    RE: Product Configuration Model - Versions

LCS ( https://lcs.dynamics.com/) is Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services. Microsoft regularly publishes in LCS, Dynamics AX issues and regulatory updates, patches, etc..

I have made a quick search LCS there is a similar issue that you have described and some code corrections. You also need access to LCS to open a support ticket with the Microsoft.

Thanks for your response but I have no idea what you mean by LCS, KB, or even opening an issue with Microsoft. I'm a newbie at Dynamics AX. Can you elaborate?

Thanks in advance

In LCS, I found a KB for a similar issue for what you have described but is related to AX 2012 R2, Most likely is it's the same issue. You should try to open open an issue with Microsoft ) and check if it solves your issue.    

AX 2012 R3 here

Are you using AX 2012 R2 ?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans