Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Answered

Reopening opportunities in a custom business process flow

Posted on by

Hi everyone,

We have implemented a custom business process flow for opportunities and when we close and reopen those there are some inconsistencies. Maybe someone has ideas why this is happening.

8765.Capture.JPG

I have made some database snapshots with a test scenario which is to be seen in the Action column.

On Row 4 we close the opportunity and then we reopen it which creates a NULL in stepname and comes with some, I guess, default values for salesstage and salesstagename which I suspect have something to do with the out-of-the-box opportunity process.

Any ideas would be welcome if this is fixable or just some not working correctly in general.

We have edited the global option set which is connected the stepnames.

Cheers

Vassil

• Verified answer
    Vassil Profile Picture
    Vassil on at
    RE: Reopening opportunities in a custom business process flow

Hi Jackie,

This issue has been successfully escalated to the product team and it will be fixed in one of the upcoming patches.

Thanks

Vassil

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Reopening opportunities in a custom business process flow

Is this just for testing? Or do you plan on reopening opportunities often? If its the second... I wonder if you can set up some sort of workflow to make this change. So I'm thinking if its a new opportunity that is being closed as won for the first time, on status change, set a yes/no field to yes. Then when the status changes again AND this field is yes, go set the stage to whatever you want.

For testing, I would set up a simple workflow where on status change, check the current stage and then set the process stage (I think thats one of the additional opportunity fields - its something like that). I would also let this run as an on demand workflow so you can bulk update your opportunities you are testing.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans