Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Answered

UOM meters and pieces

Posted on by 20

D365 FinOps, how to handle this scenario :

i have 1 pcs of cable of 1000m in my stock, i sold 600m. it remains 400m in my stock.

then i bought again 1000m and sold from it also 600m.

my stock balance now shows 800m but i am not able to tell that it is 2 pcs of 400m.

What if client asks for 500meters in one piece.
how to solve this?

Categories:
  • Hanna17 Profile Picture
    Hanna17 172 on at
    RE: UOM meters and pieces

Yes. If you want to see on-hand for each roll, there should be a batch attached for each roll.

• Suggested answer
    FinOps Profile Picture
    FinOps 20 on at

Thank you, that is good solution for cables. So i need to create a batch for every roll of cables? correct?

NOW the more interesting question

What will be the solution for tubes (or iron rods). we buy 1000 iron rods,  each Rod have  a length of 6 meters.  

while using it the factory we cut these rods, how can i track the remaining cuts.

shall i create batch for every length (6m, 5m, 4m, 3m, 2m, 1m)  ?  if yes, how to manage and transfer quantities from batch to another.  ie if a rod length 5m i cutt from it 1 meter, the remaining is 4meters it should be moved to the batch of the 4m!!

or there is another solution?

• Verified answer
    Hanna17 Profile Picture
    Hanna17 172 on at

Hi FinOps!

In your situation you need to use a Catch Weight Unit functionality.

When you create a Released product you need to check the parameter "Catch weight", and after creating the product, to go to a Product details / tab "Manage inventory" and fill out values in fields: CW unit, Nominal quantity, Minimum quantity, Maximum quantity.

And keep in mind that you will need to have tracking dimension group with active batch number to be able to see on-hand inventory in meters per each batch. In your example it will be 2 batch numbers, in the on-hand you will be able to see 2 lines: first line with first Batch number, quantity = 1, unit = ea, CW quantity = 400, CW unit = meter. And second line with second Batch number, quantity = 1, unit = ea, CW quantity = 400, CW unit = meter.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,773 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,513 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans