Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

Locating an activity from an inactive queue

Posted on by 55
Hello Dynamics experts,

In our organisation we have a few duplicate contacts, with a select few, we are trying to merge the contacts, using the inbuilt 'merge' functionality, but this message (or along those lines) is coming up:

You can't work on a queue item that has been deactivated.

Error code: 0x8004051dSession Id: a20fa333-a26f-4ab4-8d25-e61ae4117d81Activity Id: b54dde59-7e3f-4e0f-9427-62bf30e83357Time: Tue Dec 12 2023 15:44:02 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)

I'm assuming this is not that rare an issue, so was wondering what methods people use, or might suggest, to track down the task/queue, presumably using those two Id values up above.

If anyone has any experience or ideas to start me off for 10 points, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan
  • Dan_B Profile Picture
    Dan_B 55 on at
    Thankyou @RudyZhang, we have done some more investigations today, and it would seem that it is not the queue that is causing the issue, but rather an inactive queue item or items, which could still appear in an active queue.

The issue seems to be caused by the fact that any task once closed becomes inactive, which is also classed as deactivated.

I'll have a look at the tool you kindly linked to as well, as that looks like it could be very useful.

If we can't get any further with this issue, which seems to stop us merging duplicate contacts, we may have to log it as a support request to Microsoft.

It seems likely something must have changed recently, as these merges used to work in the past.....

Thanks!
  • Suggested answer
    RudyZhang Profile Picture
    RudyZhang Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,

Your requirement is that you want to find out which /queue/ is affecting your merged contact record by the id in the error message. Is this correct?

If you are clear that the above id represents the /queue id/ you can use the /CDS4/ plugin to query the data of the /queue/ entity with a SQL statement.

Please refer to the following link for the specific use of this tool
    https://markcarrington.dev/sql-4-cds/

I hope my answer is helpful to you! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Rudy Zhang

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,513 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,862 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans