Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Answered

Release 2024 Wave 1 2024 - Regarding Turn on Early Updates

Posted on by 18
Hi Everyone,

As we all know that Microsoft Release wave is already in effect and available for early access.
We have currently Turned on early access for our QA environments.
I was curious to know about the steps/best practices administrators follow when it comes to enable Production environment for Early Access.
The questions I have are:
1. Do we turn on early access for Production once all testing is done before its generally available?  (What is Best practice)
2. I have seen that Microsoft makes the changes generally available, which in this case is on April 1. Microsoft mentions that they will send a message in Message in the Message center communicating the date for the General availability push for Production environment. Do you wait for this date and wait for Microsoft to push the changes?

Looking for guidance! 

Thanks

• Verified answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi Vinayak,
    1.Do we have to manually opt-in to early access for our Dev And QA Environments? 
    Yes.
    2.Does the automatic upgrade to latest release wave only happens for Production?
    No, all environments. 

I hope you can mark my answer verified if it is helpful! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Leah
  • CU10051320-0 Profile Picture
    CU10051320-0 18 on at
    Hi Leah,

Thanks a lot for this information. Its really helpful.
    I just wanted to know one more thing. Do we have to manually opt-in to early access for our Dev And QA Environments? 
    Does the automatic upgrade to latest release wave only happens for Production? (I see that the schedule specifically mentions deployment to "Production")

Best,
    Vinayak
  • Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi Partner,
    It is not recommended to enable early access in production environments.
    Early access make we test and validate new features and capabilities that will be part of 2024 release wave 1, coming in April, before they are enabled automatically for your users.
    As the Microsoft documentation said:
    With early access, you can validate the update in your sandbox environment before it is applied to your production environment.
    Early access also gives you an opportunity to experience the new features in advance and confidently roll them out to all your users.

After all users are familiar with these new features, then consider officially launching them in the production environment.
    Don't worry about missing out on new features.
    If you didn't opt in for the early access updates in your environments, your environment automatically updates to receive the new release based on the general availability deployment schedule for your region.
    More information:

I hope you can mark my answer verified if it is helpful! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Leah

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans