Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Answered

Business Central Web services -> publish Object ID 112 Sales Invoice Header -> Power BI

Posted on by 80

In Business Central Web services, I am attempting to publish Object ID 112 Sales Invoice Header and then pull the data into Power BI. I feel that I am missing some fundamental understanding of how to approach the Web Services part; I can retrieve other published data in Power BI. My attempts have included (with images):

1.    Create a new web service by searching on the ID, provide a Service Name (Sales_Invoice_Header) and then select Publish.

sih1.JPG
2.    After doing so, the Object Name changes to Inventory Posting Groups and a search also now shows 112 Inventory Posting Groups.

sih2.JPG

sih3.JPG
3.    In Power BI, I can see the Service Name (Sales_Invoice_Header), and am also shown that This table is empty.

sih4.JPG
4.    To further investigate, I open the Jet Reports Browser and find the Sales Invoice Header table (number 112).

sih5.JPG
5.    I can drop that into Excel and retrieve the entire data set.

sih6.JPG
6.    If I attempt to change the Object Type from Page to Query in Web services, it cannot find the object.

sih7.JPG

The expectation is to be able to publish the Web Service Object ID 112 Sales Invoice Header and then pull the data into Power BI.

Any insight into what I may be missing in this approach?

Categories:
  • Andy365 Profile Picture
    Andy365 80 on at
    RE: Business Central Web services -> publish Object ID 112 Sales Invoice Header -> Power BI

Thanks much.

132 is for Posted Sales Invoice

143 is for Posted Sales Invoices (plural)

I needed the Sell to Customer No. column header which is in 143, but not the 132. So that works.

In case anyone else happens upon this post, I was also looking for the Ship-to Code in 114 Sales Cr.Memo Header.

It is not there, but it is in 144 Posted Sales Credit Memos.

• Verified answer
    Mohana Yadav Profile Picture
    Mohana Yadav 50,558 Super User on at
    RE: Business Central Web services -> publish Object ID 112 Sales Invoice Header -> Power BI

Lookup is showing Table (112-Sales Invoice Header).

You have to select Object Type and select either 132 or 143)

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,420 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,672 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans