Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Changing Dimension Value on Vendor Ledger Entries

Posted on by 2,331

Hi All,

There's a request to change the dimension value on Vendor Ledger Entries and unfortunately when you use the Dimension Correction tool this isn't updated.

I've figured out that if I can do this using a Configuration Package but wondered if there are any reasons I should avoid this? 

In my configuration package I've ticked the "Dimensions as Columns" option and updated the Dimension Value and also the Dimension Set ID and when I've tested this everything looks ok but is there anything else I need to be aware of or consider?

Many thanks

Gavin 

• MahGah Profile Picture
    MahGah 15,409 on at
    RE: Changing Dimension Value on Vendor Ledger Entries

Hi Gavin

You are welcome. You can try those Dimension Correction app if it is a one time deal.

appsource.microsoft.com/.../PUBID.dynamicsnavaddon|AID.dimensionmanager|PAPPID.93678dd0-af16-46ec-a58b-a89808fba8f7

• Gavin Profile Picture
    Gavin 2,331 on at

Hi Both,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

In my scenario there's only the Vendor Ledger Entry and Posted Purchase Invoice tables to consider. (I used "Find Entries" on the transactions to confirm)

It seems I can successfully update the Vendor Ledger Entry table using the configuration package however it seems I can't update the table "Purch. Inv. Header" using the same method. (this is the table linked to the Posted Purchase Invoice when I use Page Inspector)

Therefore taking everything into consideration I'm not going to attempt this.

Thanks again

Gavin

• Dallefeld Profile Picture
    Dallefeld 11,417 User Group Leader on at

MahGah is correct but I want to add that you can only fix dimensions in the general ledger entry table, not vendor ledger entry.

• MahGah Profile Picture
    MahGah 15,409 on at

Hi

I could be wrong here. But I believe each vendor ledger entry created because of other actions such as purchase invoice.  Then purchase invoice impacted G/L , Item Ledger Entry, etc as well. Hence changing dimension here may not change other related posting dimension and cause issue in the future.

You can try the following app. it has batch navigation change. You can go to G/L select the G/L (or multiple G/L) that you want to change dimension then use Batch Navigation then it will update all related transaction. This way you can see what are changing and maybe use the logic for your method. 

appsource.microsoft.com/.../PUBID.dynamicsnavaddon|AID.dimensionmanager|PAPPID.93678dd0-af16-46ec-a58b-a89808fba8f7

pastedimage1646153911504v1.png

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans