Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Old Bank Acc. Ledger Entries Stuck in Bank Reconciliations

Posted on by 5

Hi,

I have some old and 'matched' ledger entries in the bank reconciliation that seems to be stuck and just rolls forward every single month in the bank recs. These transactions have been stuck there since I started taking over bank reconciliations from a previous accountant but they do not know what had happened, how it got stuck and how to get rid of it. You can't remove match them either. Doesn't really affect me in any way except it just sits there. it would just be nice if it clear away. Would be great if anyone knows how to get rid of them.

5658.pastedimage1629934552531v1.png

Thanks!

• John Murdock Profile Picture
    John Murdock 20 on at
    RE: Old Bank Acc. Ledger Entries Stuck in Bank Reconciliations

I have this same issue.  How to you clear the statement # and lines?   Thank you.

• Kavisha Profile Picture
    Kavisha 310 on at

Hi Mina

As they are stuck with another statement no. , From bank acc. ledger entries running from the dev environment , Make the fields blank (Statement No. and statement Line no.) and the run the above process from bank recon again as suggested before)

This is required so that those entries can be properly closed. 

regards

Kavisha

• MinaDang Profile Picture
    MinaDang 5 on at

Hi Kavisha,

Thank you for your reply! When I created a new Bank Acc. Rec, I changed the Statement Date to 31/12/2017 (also tested 01/06/17 and 30/06/2017). The lines that appear on the right side are the matched 2017 entries (the ones that are stuck), 2 x August entries and new entries for September 2021. If I click Suggest Lines with Ending Date of 01/06/17 or 30/06/17 or 31/12/17, nothing appears.

If I change the Statement Date to 31/08/21 (last entry date, and had closed off bank recons for August as well) and click suggest lines from 01/06/17 to 31/08/21 or just an ending date of 31/08/21, the 2 x August entries was brought over to the left side and nothing else.

Wondering if it could be the version I'm on or if the entries were relating to a customer and was matched to an invoice and therefore can not be unmatched?

Thanks!

• Suggested answer
    Kavisha Profile Picture
    Kavisha 310 on at

Hi Mina

These looks to be all reversals, so their sum should be 0 (Zero). 

Make a fake Bank Acc. Reconciliation. 

Select the bank account and the statement date as 31/12/2017  (To only bring the lines which needs to be cleared on the right side). Hope they are all in 2017 year. if not then put the date accordingly as per the latest entry's to be cleared. Select Suggest lines and click OK. Check the system should only bring the lines on your left side (Bank statement lines) which needs to be cleared. 

Balance last statement will be auto populated from last statement. Let it be.

Copy the Balance last statement and put in the Statement ending balance. 

Once the total Balance = Statement ending balance, post the Bank recon. 

Note :- All the outstanding entries from 2017 should sum to 0 (as it looks in the screenshot)

Hope that helps. 

Regards

Kavisha Ahuja

• MinaDang Profile Picture
    MinaDang 5 on at

Hi Josh, thank you for responding. Had to wait to close off the month of August before I tried this - just in case. I was able to use ctrl+alt+windows key+f1 on one of the entries which did reveal which "Statement No." it was from. When I open a new "Bank Acc Rec" I cannot change the Statement No because it will come up with an error staying that it already exists. So the Statement would have been posted and closed off at that time.

• Suggested answer
    JAngle Profile Picture
    JAngle 33,137 on at

If you use “about this page“ on that page part - ctrl+alt+windows key+f1 when cursor is set in that part of the page.

This should reveal which bank account reconciliation the applied entries relate/related to. If it doesn’t exist anymore for some reason. If you note down the current “Statement No.” on the bank account and then change it to the number before whatever you found from the unwanted applied entries.

Create a “new” bank reconciliation with the “old” number. This step is only necessary if you don’t have the old one.

Try to post the bank rec.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,420 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,672 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans