Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / How we can utilize th...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

How we can utilize the AI capabilities to build a copilot in Dynamics 365 finance and operations ?

Posted on by 131
Hi community,

How can we utilize the AI capabilities to build a copilot to translate the product descriptions in the different languages based on user preferred language in Dynamics 365 finance and operations ?

Any detail blog other then Microsoft document (Already read Microsoft documents).

My findings:

Need tier- 2 machine.
Power platform installed.
Need to integrate with project operation.
Copilot studio.

My understanding after reviewing some resources:

1  - Extend copilot in D365 FO.
2  - Customize copilot according to user.

(In my case) I think firstly I have to extend out of box copilot to D365 Env and then customize things in copilot stdio according to user requirements.

Please guide me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance.
  • itlabnarmi_ivoruk Profile Picture
    itlabnarmi_ivoruk 131 on at
    How we can utilize the AI capabilities to build a copilot in Dynamics 365 finance and operations ?

For that I have a sandbox environment. I am not getting any good/proper step by step guide to implement your mentioned link from scratch. What I come to know from my R&D is:

1- Need sandbox environment
    2- Power Automate flow
    3- Power platform
    4- Power apps
    5- Dataverse
    6- Copilot stdio

queries are like where to install copilot stdio, how to integrate F&O with dataverse. Where to write x++ code as we are using sandbox environment ?

• Kevin Xia Profile Picture
    Kevin Xia Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    In fact, technology is to serve the needs, according to the needs to decide what kind of appropriate technology to use to achieve this goal. But since you said you read Microsoft's official document, did you pay attention to this document: Extend Copilot capabilities with low-code plugins - Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn. In addition to the existing functions, copilot also supports the extension function, the article describes how to extend the function to achieve the translation the course description into French this requirement. As you say at the end of your description -- "extend out of box copilot to D365 Env and then customize things in copilot studio according to user requirements".
    Best regards,
    Kevin
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,914 Super User on at
    I didn't understand from your initial post that the translation is just one example. Various Copilot requirements should probably solved in different ways as mentioned below. At my previous company, we had a requirement that we solved by calling Azure OpenAI API. Some Copilot features can be solved using Copilot Studio. There is no one-size-fits-all answer. 
    You would need to provide a scenario, then we can think along with you what could be the best approach. Anyway, in my opinion, there should be a business case evaluated before diving in too many Copilots. Focus on the scenarios where there is a real gain e.g. time saving versus the cost of building and using Copilot features.
  • itlabnarmi_ivoruk Profile Picture
    itlabnarmi_ivoruk 131 on at
    Thanks for your valuable suggestion @André Arnaud de Calavon and @Kevin Xia.

I understand your point of view, but in my case language translation is only one scenario, user also wants to use other capabilities of copilot. Its is user requirement.
  • Kevin Xia Profile Picture
    Kevin Xia Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    As Andre said, after reading your description, I am also thinking about whether Copilot is necessary to achieve your needs, because there are many different translation frameworks that can meet your needs, and these frameworks have gone through multiple iterations and improvements, or have different customized translations according to different languages. Obviously, these frameworks are more mature and stable in translation. Maybe you should think about that first.
    Best regards,
    Kevin
  • Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,914 Super User on at
    Hi itlabnarmi_ivoruk,

I wonder if using Copilot would be the best option here. When thinking of Copilot, you can call Azure Open AI or ChatGPT services and provide natural language and get a response. Copilot Studio can also support in extending Copilot features.
    In this particular use case, you can consider using translation services as these are fully optimized and trained for translations. In case you want to have a user review the translations before accepting, this can be also called as being a Copilot feature as the user will then get a proposal first.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,914 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,549 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans