Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

Power Automate Flow Wont Trigger

Posted on by 172

Hello,

I am trying to create a simple Power Automate flow that triggers when a field is added or deleted from a table. 

The table is custom and I believe it is a lookup table being that all fields within it are lookups. I am able to query the table in XRM toolbox but cant seem to find the table when searching through our objects in make.powerapps. 

I know there are issues with triggering flows on lookup fields, but wasnt sure about lookup tables. I tried turning my flow off and on, re-creating the flow, and even tried in a different test environment but the flow will not trigger. 

After making the change within Dynamics, I'm able to run a query and see the new record in the DB. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

• nvrhughes Profile Picture
    nvrhughes 172 on at
    @Leah Ju

I only want to trigger the flow when a record is created or deleted in the custom table, not modified. 
    Here is my trigger. I started by hitting added or deleted then hit add custom value. 

Here is the table I entered:

I know it found the table because the fields are displaying when populating the next step:

As far as the table, no it does not show in the custom table screenshot you provided below. 

We treat the table as a "middle man" to relate it with opportunity records. Here is an example of one of our custom views using the table. 

In red is the table im trying to use to trigger the flow. Avtex_avtex_floorplan_opportunity is a linked entity to opportunity. We then link this entity to avtex_floorplan so we can get the name of our floorplan. Avtex_avtex_floorplan_opportunity contains the floorplan ID and opportunity ID. Avtex_floorplan contains the front end name of the floorplan which is what we use in the view. 
  • Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    Doesn't this table appear here?
    I am trying to create a simple Power Automate flow that triggers when a field is added or deleted from a table....I know there are issues with triggering flows on lookup fields,...
    Do you want the flow to be triggered by a change in a lookup field on this custom table?
    Or by an addition or deletion of a record in another table pointed to by a lookup field?

For example:
    In my custom table(Case Product), there is one lookup: Product(cre80_product), this lookup point to another table--Product.
    My flow:
    1)Changes to the value of this lookup field on this custom table
    2)Addition or deletion of records from the table pointed to by this lookup field

Can you provide more details? It would be better if a screenshot of the problem is included.
    I hope you can mark my answer verified if it answer your question! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Leah

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,753 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,302 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans