Notifications

Announcements

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

AX2012 using public sector AR billing classification in non-public business

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Researching the capabilities of AR in AX2012, I came across the Billing Classification and Billing Codes functionality. I am trying to see if those can be used in a normal AR setup with out using the "fund based" accounting that is described in the Public Sector documentation. I need the ability to free text invoice with a Invoice type identification and unique invoice numbers.  Using the Billing Classification and Billing Codes seems to handle this quite nicely. Thanks for any replies.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: AX2012 using public sector AR billing classification in non-public business

I know it is an old subject. What solution did you come up with? I'm running into the same situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Turning on public sector is not an acceptable solution in my case. Thanks for any help!

• Verified answer
    RE: AX2012 using public sector AR billing classification in non-public business

Yes could use Billing codes and classification with out fund accounting but you have to enable public sector configuration key

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,298 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,025 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans