Skip to main content

Notifications

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

How to Implement Boolean Field in Non-Boolean Worksheet Column - AL Development Business Central

Posted on by 2
Hi,
I'm developing a custom "Vendor Quote Comparison Worksheet" in Dynamics 365 Business Central using AL. This worksheet is to compare vendor quotes side-by-side. I have also attached the layout that we want to use. We need to include a Boolean-like "Approve Vendor" option for each vendor column, but we're facing challenges with the worksheet's column data types.
Key details:
1. The worksheet uses vendors as columns.
2. Each vendor column needs an "Approve Vendor" checkbox.
3. The checkboxes should be mutually exclusive across vendor columns.
4. Standard worksheet columns would typically be non-Boolean data types (e.g., Decimal, Integer, Text).

What's the recommended approach in AL to implement a Boolean field (checkbox) in a worksheet column that doesn't inherently support Boolean data types?
Are there any Worksheet controls in AL that could facilitate this functionality?
How can we ensure the mutual exclusivity of selections across different columns in an AL worksheet context?
We're open to solutions involving worksheet design modifications, underlying table structure changes, or custom AL controls that align with Business Central's architecture and best practices.

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 69,116 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    How to Implement Boolean Field in Non-Boolean Worksheet Column - AL Development Business Central
    I think this is not possible. As shown in the picture you provided, there are multiple data types in one column.
    But If you only need to display it, you can make it into a report, which is barely possible, but if you need to modify it on the UI, I don't think it can be done.
    I hope other experts can give you better suggestions.

Thanks.
    ZHU

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,435 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,317 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates