Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Suggested answer

Lot Tracking Sync Issues

Posted on by
I will try to explain this as best I can and hope someone can help in this scenario.  We are using NAV 2018 version.  We use directed pick and put away and we using Lot specific tracking.  All our items are placed into bin locations.  We have a constant issue where we somehow get our Lot No. out of sync with the Bin Contents and the Item tracking Lines.  What I mean is the Bin contents will show that we have a certain Lot No. with said quantity but then the Item tracking lines show a different Lot No. for that quantity.  so when we try to post an activity for that Lot No. it gives an error saying that bin contents dont match item tracking lines.  How is this constantly happening.  how can they get out of sync?  The only thing I notice that seems to be consistent is that we utilize the "reclassifying" function to change expiration as the product we move is reboosted and then given a new Lot No. with a new expiration every 6 months of shelf life.  
Below is a couple of pictures of example of Lot No. and how they are out of sync.  The first picture on left is Bin Contents Lot No.  and picture on right is Item Tracking Lines Lot No. and these Lot No. are for the same Item.  How is this possible that the Lot No. dont match?  What is happening?

• Valentin Castravet Profile Picture
    Valentin Castravet 6,854 Super User on at
    Lot Tracking Sync Issues
    By reclassifying function are you referring to the reclassification journal? If so, try using the warehouse reclassification journal instead. The reclassification journal only updates item ledger entries, not warehouse entries, leading to your inconsistency. 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans