Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics RMS forum
Suggested answer

POS 2.0 Activation

Posted on by 75

Hopefully someone can help!  I am setting up a new computer (with Windows 7 32bit) used for my workplace's cafeteria POS (the one they have is quite old, we need to toss it), and my company would like to stay with Dynamics POS 2.0.  However, activation seems impossible.  It refuses to activate over the internet.  I tried activating over the phone with the program's 1-800 number, but no one in customer service will give a Registration ID along with the Confirmation code??  I have been through the loop of over 8 numbers for Microsoft with no help.  Anyone have any suggestions?

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: POS 2.0 Activation

Do anyone have a registration id that i can enter into my pos software?? Im having the same trouble

• Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture

Resolved for me...

I also was also frustrated that Microsoft couldn't find an answer.  I just typed anything I wanted in the box and until my button turned solid and amazing it worked. 

I'd love to know if you ever got this resolved! I'm in the UK and trying to transfer Dynamics POS 2009 over to a new PC. I've been through the phone activation process 4 times (the internet activation doesn't work) but I just get an internal error and then get cut off by the Microsoft support team. Very frustrating! I seem to be stuck with Dynamics POS 2009 on a really old PC for ever! 

• Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture

I have found that sometimes the Microsoft Rep does not use the correct activator.  I suggest you call back again.  

We are having the same issue. We have one computer that need to re-activate and I call support 1-866-542-3062 and they don't know what step 4 is...  

Step 1. Call    1-866-542-3062   Yes

Step 2 provide Installation ID.    Yes

Step 3 Conformation ID:             They gave it to me...

Step 4 Type Registration ID:       They have no idea..

Then you can change the product key if you like.  

Step 4 no one can answer...   Very frustrating...  

Did anyone find out what this is?

• Suggested answer
    arishi Profile Picture
    arishi 740 on at

I hope the internet is working just fine on your new PC and I assume you have installed RMS and update windows to latest update and you are not trying to activated RMS on the new PC when the old one is still running POS

you can not activate 1 license on 2 PC at the same time

the best option is the call the 1-800 number that shows on the activation screen

when you call MS what do they tell you?

• mcgahab Profile Picture
    mcgahab 75 on at

Yes, the I am using the same license key as on the old machine.  Basically, we just want to migrate everything to the new machine, keep the same software, and toss the old computer.  When I try to activate over the internet, I get a "Network error."  Not using RMS, still trying to stay with Microsoft POS 2.0...

• Suggested answer
    arishi Profile Picture
    arishi 740 on at

the license key you have are you sure is the same one you had use before on the old POS?

do not activate RMS on new PC while POS is running on old one

try skipping registration

if you have more than 1 POS at this location make sure you assign the correct register number under SO Administration --Configuration --> Register tab

• mcgahab Profile Picture
    mcgahab 75 on at

I do have the activation Key.  The software says that the customer service rep will provide the confirmation ID and the Registration ID over the phone during activation... but, they can not seem to help with providing the Registration ID, and claim I shouldn't need it.  It says right on the activation wizard that they provide this....

• Suggested answer
    arishi Profile Picture
    arishi 740 on at

you will need a License key, in order to activate, if you do not have it, contact your partner or whoever sold you, you should have some proof of purchase

good luck...

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,572 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,706 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans