Notifications

Announcements

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

BC20 on prem Edge Print Handle by Browser

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 834

Working with BC20 on prem, when I print to printer “Handled by Browser”, after I click print, the Edge browser printer dialog does not open and I’m unable to print.  Print preview does preview the report as I’d expect, and print “send to” “pdf document” also works.  I’m on the most current Edge, I’ve removed all Edge extensions, I’ve cleared Edge history, I’ve tried Edge from InPrivate mode, I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled Edge, I’ve rebooted, I’ve tried different BC URLS and a test SAAS site we have, all with same behavior. 

In Chrome it works fine. 

In Edge if I look at Developer tools I see,

Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame . . . with origin . . . from accessing a frame with origin "null".  The frame requesting access has a protocol of "https", the frame being accessed has a protocol of "data". Protocols must match.

Uncaught DOMException: Blocked a frame with origin . . . from accessing a cross-origin frame.

at HTMLIFrameElement . . .

Help?

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Open the Settings in Edge.

Search for 'PDF' and expand the PDF documents

Make sure that the option to download PDF files to your device is off.
  • nickmanny Profile Picture
    nickmanny 136 on at
    This error "Blocked a frame with origin from accessing a cross-origin frame" is not a bug. The same-origin policy is a security mechanism that ensures that window objects only have access to the informations they are authorized to get. To fix this issue, ensure that both the parent page and the iframe content are served from the same domain or implement Cross-Origin Communication techniques such as postMessage to safely communicate and exchange data between the two frames. 

The window.postMessage() method provides a controlled mechanism to securely circumvent this Same-Origin Policy restriction. The window.postMessage() safely enables cross-origin communication between Window objects; e.g: between a page and an iframe embedded within it.

postMessage(message, targetOrigin)
    postMessage(message, targetOrigin, [transfer])

targetOrigin - specifies what the origin of targetWindow must be for the event to be dispatched, either as the literal string "*" (indicating no preference) or as a URI.
    If you don't have control over the content in the iframe, you won't be able to directly access its elements due to security restrictions.

• John Bellinger Profile Picture
    John Bellinger 834 on at
    RE: BC20 on prem Edge Print Handle by Browser

We discovered that this was only happening while I was working from Edge in a specific Edge Profile.

• Suggested answer
    Andy Sather Profile Picture
    Andy Sather on at
    RE: BC20 on prem Edge Print Handle by Browser

Hello,

If you don't get further responses to this issue, you may want to raise a support request to Microsoft support via your CSP / Partner.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,324 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,096 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans