Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Power Platform integration forum
Unanswered

Azure Function with Dataverse Web API to post to Field Service

Posted on by 3,962

Two part question:

1) How do setup credentials in D365 Connected Field Service to allow an Azure Function to post data to it?

2) How do I authenticate and connect to the Dataverse Web API via an Azure Function?

This is NOT a client-side user authenticated application. It is just a server-side Azure Function making an HTTP request to the server-side Dataverse Web API. I'm looking for sample code for this in Node.js or Python, NOT .Net. 

Background context: I'm attempting to connect IoT Alerts to Dynamics 365 Field Service.  The edge software produces IoT alerts that gets sent to Kafka, which has an Azure Function Sink that consumes the IoT Alert.  When a new message is received, the Azure Function will make an http request to post the IoT alert to Field Service. The Dataverse Web API has an entity/table for IoT alerts. 

The MSFT docs are all over the place with various APIs, called many different names, use cases, auth approaches and it is very confusing.  So, I'd greatly appreciate a recommendation focused on my specific use case described here.  Thanks!

• AriaConsulting Profile Picture
    AriaConsulting 2,649 on at
    RE: Azure Function with Dataverse Web API to post to Field Service

Is there any way to get the feed to be consumed in Azure IoT Hub?  And is the feed just alerts or are there also commands being sent back upstream?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans