Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Unanswered

Regarding move Dynamics 365 SCM to new tenant

Posted on by
Hi All,

We are planning to move our Dynamics 365 SCM environments from source tenant A to new tenant B.
I have three questions, can anyone help me?
1, I checked the official document, it requires the same or higher volume license to be contracted in new tenant.
In source tenant A, there are two subscription in contract Dynamics 365 SCM and Azure Premium P1, during the migration process, is it mandatory to re-contract both subscription in the new tenant B? Or is Dynamics 365 SCM subscription only is enough?
2, I understand that during the Dynamics365 tenant migration, both tenants need the same or more licenses, but is there any workaround to avoid duplicate purchases?
3, For example, if we want first to move some test users, and we only need to re-contract these test user's license on the new tenant, is this possible?

Thank you in advance!

Categories:
  • Judy Profile Picture
    Judy Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi, Environment migrations aren't self-service operations and require a customer-initiated support ticket.
    Please contact the partner to submit a support request to migrate a specific environment.
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 285,407 Super User on at
    Hi, 

I suggest you contact a licensing partner or Microsoft with these specific questions. Anyway, I'm also interested in the exact answers.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

First Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Don't miss the first D365 Community Call on 7/10!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,407 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,446 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans