Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Not A Valid Dimension Value Combination - Charges Code

Posted on by 5

Good afternoon,

We're on AX2012 R2 CU7 (yeah...old). Many months back, our Finance team created new account numbers, and departments for financial dimensions. They also updated the Configure Account Structures as part of this, which did change the valid combination to the new account/department only.

pastedimage1674247830567v5.png

We have had no issues processing any customer invoices until today, where our AR team is trying to add a Freight Charge to an invoice via the Charges Code function on the sales order. We very rarely have to use this Charges Code function. This Charges code existed before the creation of the new accounts and departments, and we have not used it since the change. 

When invoicing this order, we get the "Departments*** is not a valid dimension value in combination with the following dimension s values that are valid:" error. The error is referencing our "old" department combination instead of the new department. 

I checked the Charges Code configuration, and it only has the four digit Credit Account, not a combination I can update:

pastedimage1674247607725v3.png

I also checked the Main Account configuration, and this did list the old department originally in the Financial Dimensions here. We updated this to the new department number:

pastedimage1674247566503v2.png

We still get the error when invoicing:

pastedimage1674247686488v4.png

What are we missing?

Thanks in advance!

• RE: Not A Valid Dimension Value Combination - Charges Code

Thank you for the assistance.

I checked into this and it doesn't look like this is the case for our issue. We don't use projects or expense management, and I couldn't find any financial dimension settings on the worker records. I looked at the Account Structure again and do not see where the date effective was specified, but our structure is working correctly and transactions posting accordingly (except for this one).

We had a few users try to create the freight charge, and process the invoice, and we even created a new sales order to try it on, but all received the same error.

Any other places I can look? I assume it has to be configuration tied to the Charges Code, to the function of applying the additional charge. Any other thoughts?

• Suggested answer
    DAnny3211 Profile Picture
    DAnny3211 9,184 Super User on at
  • RE: Not A Valid Dimension Value Combination - Charges Code

Also, I did create a new Charges Code for this action, and we tried that one as well, and it still reported the same error above, referencing the old department "34" which should be going to "560."

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans