Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Issue with Lot Tracking After Credit Memo in Business Central

Posted on by

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a lot tracking issue in Business Central, and I need some advice. Here's the scenario:

• I cancel a sales invoice and post it as a credit memo. The associated lot number and quantity are reversed correctly.
  • When I create a new sales order and post a shipment using that same reversed lot number, the system processes the shipment as expected.
  • However, after processing the shipment, the system continues to show that lot number as available for selection, despite the quantity under that lot being zero.

This issue persists no matter how many sales orders I process, and the lot number remains available to assign to new sales orders. As a result, it's impacting my overall lot tracking, since the system isn't preventing the selection of lot numbers that should have no remaining quantity.

Has anyone encountered this issue before or have any suggestions on what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance!

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Jun Wang Profile Picture
    Jun Wang 7,164 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    From the screenshot, it seems you are using a demo database? You could check the item tracking entries from item card to analyze how the system is tracking all the inbound/outbound transactions. Also check if the Prevent negative inventory flag on the inventory setup page. You also need to find out the qty on different locations of that item.

• Ramiz Profile Picture
    Ramiz 232 on at
    Hi,

Kindly check if the posted shipment has Lot assigned or not.

I repeated your scenario and all seems to be working correctly. If you have any customization check that as well.

• nasirmahmood Profile Picture
    nasirmahmood on at
    Hi Jun,

When I choose the lot with zero quantity and try to post, the system does not throw an error, and the shipment is processed as if the quantity is still available, which shouldn't be the case. This behavior continues even after multiple shipments using the same lot number with zero remaining quantity.

it’s consistent across different items where credit memo was created using that item & Lot in the past.
  • nasirmahmood Profile Picture
    nasirmahmood on at

Hi Valentin,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Yes, the item is shipped, and a shipment has been created from the sales order.
    2. To clarify, the lot was reversed with a quantity of 7000. I used this entire 7000 in my next shipment, meaning the available quantity should now be zero. However, when I create the next sales order, the system still shows the same 7000 units available for selection under that lot.

Additionally, when I check the item master card and look at the "Item Availability by Lot" page, I can still see the 7000 units listed under the same lot.

• Suggested answer
    Valentin Castravet Profile Picture
    Valentin Castravet 22,408 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at

Two possibilities:

1. Are you sure the item is shipped rather than just added to an order? If it's added but not shipped, it will still be available for selection.

2. Has the entire lot quantity been shipped, or is there still some remaining in inventory?

Valentin Castravet
    Work: Zander ERP Services
    Blog: Dynamics 365 Business Central Insights
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/valentin-c-0500a247/

• Suggested answer
    Jun Wang Profile Picture
    Jun Wang 7,164 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    If the remaining qty is zero for a lot, it shouldn't be available for selection. In your case, if you choose the zero qty lot and post, do you get an error? I would suggest you test with another item. Also check if there might be any extension affecting the behavior.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,572 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,706 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans