Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Answered

Call Custom Action through Custom Ribbon Button In main grid using Javascript

Posted on by 1,195

Hi Everyone  ,

I want to call a custom action from the custom ribbon button  which is in main grid using javascript and I am confused what to do... Please Help!!

Thanks.

• TNS Profile Picture
    TNS 1,195 on at
    RE: Call Custom Action through Custom Ribbon Button In main grid using Javascript

ok.. I try it..

• Verified answer
    a33ik Profile Picture
    a33ik 84,313 Super User on at
    RE: Call Custom Action through Custom Ribbon Button In main grid using Javascript

If your Action is entity-specific you will have to pass entity id.

If you don't want your action to entity-specific and pass an array of selected records you will have to recreate Action as Global.

• TNS Profile Picture
    TNS 1,195 on at

yes .its entity specific and I have all the selected record Ids also,...Now what I am trying to do  is on the click of my custom ribbon button I  want to call custom action which will create a record on another entity and place all the ids in a field I have created , for that I have used input argument in action to hold the ids.

So, I have a confusion that is it necessary to pass a entity record id ... to call a action because  there is no use of entity name or entity record id ...

it will be very helpful , if you can clear my doubt.

• Suggested answer
    a33ik Profile Picture

Is you action global or entity-specific?

If it is global - there is an example how to call global action in the same article.

If it is entity-specific I believe you want to run action against selected record(records). To get selected records ids check following article - ribbonworkbench.uservoice.com/.../129783-pass-the-currently-selected-grid-row-s-to-a-custo

• TNS Profile Picture
    TNS 1,195 on at

Hi Andrii,

I read this article ..and others  there they are using the record id as in the article you have send to me :::::   var query = "accounts(DE57510E-59A3-E511-80E4-3863BB35AD90)/Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.new_TestAction";

the id of  the record is given..  I stuck here which record id I should give  because I want to call custom action from custom ribbon button which is in the main home grid .. not in the form.

• Suggested answer
    a33ik Profile Picture

Hello,

What exact issues do you have?

You can use following article as example - debajmecrm.com/.../invoke-your-custom-action-from-dynamics-crm-web-apidynamics-crm-2016

If you have issues please be more specific describing your issue.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,420 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,672 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans