Skip to main content
Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Unanswered

Remaining quantity Negative on Batch Order Co-products

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by User Group Leader

Hi

I have observed an issue, where on this form PmfProdCoBy the co-product remaining quantity is showing negative value.

Click Production control/Common/Production orders/All production orders/ Production details/ Co-products/ Quantity Tab

Co_2D00_product-issue.PNG

Click Production control/Common/Production orders/All production orders/ Production details/ Co-products/ Quantity Tab/ 

Select the item then click on Inventory menu and click transactions.

Invent-trans.PNG

In what case this can happen where for a co-product line, system is showing issue status as On Order(it should be receipt status with on order). Not able to end production order because of this issue.

Categories:
Attachments
  • youssef2089 Profile Picture
    youssef2089 97 on at
    Remaining quantity Negative on Batch Order Co-products
    Hello, did you find a solution for this problem ? thanks
  • Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member User Group Leader on at
    RE: Remaining quantity Negative on Batch Order Co-products

Hi Charan,

We are not using RF smart. The second point you have mentioned where multiple RAF are posted with negative quantity of other co-products and impacting the current production order co-products. This option needs to be explored.

If you are able to find the actual cause of the issue and resolution, then do let us know.

• Charan Bhamidi Profile Picture
    Charan Bhamidi 20 on at
    RE: Remaining quantity Negative on Batch Order Co-products

Hello,

We are seeing this same issue in a few production orders. We think the inventory transactions with the Issue Status of "On Order" have been orphaned as well. They use RF Smart add-on for posting quantities on their production orders. In your system with this issue, is RF Smart involved at all?

I noticed that on such a production order, there were a few "Report as Finished journals" posted for a couple of other co-products with a negative quantity by users. My suspicion is that these negative quantities for other co-products on that Production Order may somehow have caused an "On Order" on the current co-product. Please let me know if any of this sounds familiar or if you have figured out the origin of these negative remaining quantities.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,183 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,733 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,138

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans